Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DARRELL BANKS "OPEN THE DOOR TO YOUR HEART" UK STOCK COPY! HOLY GRAIL OF NORTHERN SOUL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARRELL BANKS "OPEN THE DOOR TO YOUR HEART" UK STOCK COPY! HOLY GRAIL OF NORTHERN SOUL

THE FINDS OF ALL FINDS IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE GENUINE..

------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Saw this over on Soul Source. People seemed to be going pretty crazy about it on there, though I only glanced at the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by toby.d View Post
      Saw this over on Soul Source. People seemed to be going pretty crazy about it on there, though I only glanced at the thread.
      It's a record which has been thought to be unreleased for the last 50 years. Well, I say unreleased... It got released in the US on Revilot which you can buy for a tenner, but got licensed for the UK market and test pressings for a release on London got made (which are very rare), but it was assumed the release got pulled. To make way for it to be released on Stateside, which you can buy for about a tenner.

So... An incredible double sider, but a very rare variation. I say very rare. Like, one known copy. In 48 years of digging. No matter what kind of music you're into, if you collect vinyl, this is what gets the pulse racing... I can't even think of a VG+ analogy. Maybe a Sandie Shaw "Reviewing The Situation" 45 on Pye, but a blue label stock copy, or something.
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

It looks totally genuine and it's going to break a lot of London label completist collector's hearts!
        Last edited by highland cow; 17-06-2014, 10:11 PM.
        www.45cat.com
        http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by highland cow View Post
          It looks totally genuine and it's going to break a lot of London label completest collectors hearts!
          Good job 'Polydor girl' (One of the local eccentric record collectors) now collects Polydor, and not London!
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I wonder where she is....never seen her at fairs for a long time.

I enjoyed reading the Soul Source thread anyway.
            "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Once in a lifetime stuff the story of where it came from is good and has left most of wondering what else was in there?

The fella that found it seems uncertain as to whether to sell or not but if he does it'll be daft daft money (10 grand offered already aleegedly) what a life changing find!
              i remember when it was all fields round here....

http://www.mixcloud.com/groovywoovy/

Comment

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
                I wonder where she is....never seen her at fairs for a long time.
                Probably got her 'Polydor' game on lock, just having time out before she starts on another label, my money is on Decca!
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by Galtee Mountain Casual View Post
                  Once in a lifetime stuff the story of where it came from is good and has left most of wondering what else was in there?
                  What is the story, please? Or is it worth me just reading the SS thread now for it? Happy to be redirected.

Comment

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/soulfor...s#entry2101666

Comment

A different pressing of an average record......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

Originally posted by DRSMITH View Post
                        My thoughts exactly. Another case of scarcity prized over quality.
                        To me it just sounds like a B side, sort of 'this old heart of mine' - with a weaker hook!
                        "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

I am with the grumpy parade. I can't get excited about a label variation of an already known record. Likewise I don't grok RC lists of "most collectible" records which list out unobtainable items like Quarrymen acetates. To me this is more like the diametric opposite of collectible - there's no chance I'll ever collect them.

Comment

No grumpiness here..I just don't understand this aspect of collecting..I would sell it in a second and buy my self a few years of quality records..I notice on the SS thread that over 5 pages, no one ever mentions the music..each to their own.
                            www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

No grumpiness here..I just don't understand this aspect of collecting..I would sell it in a second and buy my self a few years of quality records..I notice on the SS thread that over 5 pages, no one ever mentions the music..each to their own.
                              They haven't mentioned the music because it's already been established for years that this is a truly great 45 - the story here is the discovery of something existing that was previously just rumoured to exist for over 40 years, hence the thread's focus on that.

It's not earth shatteringly exciting to me and I'm more than happy with my £10 Revilot copy, but as a record geek I still find it quite interesting...

Comment

Working...
                              X