X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masons come from Saturn.

or is it Egypt?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...lington-sun-ra

"django reinhardt's handshake" would be a great name for something or other...

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    or is it Egypt?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...lington-sun-ra

"django reinhardt's handshake" would be a great name for something or other...
    I'd buy a sun ra apron.

Comment

"django reinhardt's handshake" would be a great name for . . . a really shit 80s indie band.You know, the kind whose career highlight was supporting The Men They Couldn't Hang
      Funny.
      I thought the same.
      To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

The secret history of the jazz greats who were freemasons ....among them Duke Ellington and Sun Ra

“Although Sun Ra had links to the masons,” says Cherry, “there’s no evidence that he was ever a member of a particular Prince Hall lodge.”

ummm..

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day View Post
          The secret history of the jazz greats who were freemasons ....among them Duke Ellington and Sun Ra

“Although Sun Ra had links to the masons,” says Cherry, “there’s no evidence that he was ever a member of a particular Prince Hall lodge.”

ummm..
          goddam illuminati, they never write anything down, prob cos their lizard claws can't hold pens or something.

i thought bits of the article were interesting, bits very silly, journalisitcally sloppy (like the word journalistically).

in the end though, i feel it was a good use of those 5 minutes of my life.

getting Sun Ra into the grauniad is always worthwhile. i see Dammers snuck him in today.

Comment

goddam illuminati, they never write anything down, prob cos their lizard claws can't hold pens or something.

i thought bits of the article were interesting, bits very silly, journalisitcally sloppy (like the word journalistically).

in the end though, i feel it was a good use of those 5 minutes of my life.

getting Sun Ra into the grauniad is always worthwhile. i see Dammers snuck him in today.
            I saw that
            Not sure that Sun Ra is really an unsung musical hero - but maybe that's just me!
            Looking forward to hearing Dammers take on Sun Ra in a couple of weeks

I just don't get the assumption in the article that its somehow strange for black musicians to be freemasons

Michael Caine is apparently a freemason - not a lot of people know that!
            "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post

I just don't get the assumption in the article that its somehow strange for black musicians to be freemasons
              I thought this was the most telling sentence of all:

"But, like so much in American life, freemasonry was segregated, with American masonic lodges split along colour lines."

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                Looking forward to hearing Dammers take on Sun Ra in a couple of weeks
                if you've never seen the Spatial AKA thing live before, you're in for a treat.

They are very good fun, pre-, during and post-gig.

Get there early and don't rush home.

i've been meandering round youtube this morning (hangover, holiday and just 'cos...), Dammers, Sun Ra and Kid Creole seem to have coalesced.

Thoroughly music'd up, I'm off to find some appropriate clobber now.

Comment

Don´t know who designed those buildings. Great architect, though. .
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

http://sobadsogood.com/uploads/media...h-Bands-16.jpg

Fellow on the right has a touch of style about him

some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X