Feature on digging in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature on digging in India

just saw this on a media stream and thought of you lot...

http://ldbk.eu/diggindia/
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Pffft. Not a scummy toilet in site. Good, my secret Delhi record spot remains undiscovered...

I doubt the records from the muslim guy opposite Zafir Shah's stall were sold to him 500 rupees, but that sounds a bit bitchy for a Monday morning.

The Gramophone House is consistently cheaper than Shah... he missed a trick in Delhi there. Also there is enough chat online about Mumbai to have gotten him into the records. I'm sure St Jude will agree.
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
      Also there is enough chat online about Mumbai to have gotten him into the records. I'm sure St Jude will agree.
      I've only been there twice (plus had a mate bring things back for me another two times) so I'm definitely no expert!

It certainly looks like he put the miles in, so fair play to him I say. I enjoyed reading his piece and listening to the mix. It'd be good if he posted over here, he seems a nice bloke and enthusiastic about the music.

I'm jealous he got the International Music LP. I wonder how much he paid for that?

Seems appropriate to post this here in case it hasn't been on the board before:
      Last edited by Saint Jude; 07-07-2014, 06:56 PM.
      it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
      take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

i managed to beat the muslim guy down to 200 per rekkid. zafir had a better selection though, (atomic forest, 12 ragas to a disco beat). is the gramophone house the sikh place on Chadni Chowk? they had some good cheap bits, piled from the floor vertically so condition was'nt great though

Comment

brilliant... cheers...

Comment

Originally posted by namshub View Post
            brilliant... cheers...
            actually a bit bummed, as I have been to India probably 10 times, and never seen a "Synthesising: Ten Ragas" by Charanjit Singh.
            And this guy snaffles one on his first visit.
            fuckity fuck fuckit.)

Comment

Just in case anyone missed this:
              http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl...synth-dj-fitz/

Although it makes for a great story, I fear DJ Fitz is slightly exaggerating both how hard it is to locate the store and the apparent lack of records in there upon first inspection. Still, seems like they picked up some decent stuff.

There is also this on the same site:
              http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl...use-new-delhi/
              it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

hey Jude
                it was tough to find the shop.

fitz

Comment

Originally posted by fitz5000 View Post
                  hey Jude
                  it was tough to find the shop.

fitz
                  I'm genuinely surprised, as it has been a pretty well known stop for record shoppers going to Mumbai and I would have imagined whoever you hooked up with over there would have been well aware of the location.

Even if you hadn't heard of it before, you had his name and googling - "record store" mumbai haji - brings up this link from 2015 on the first page which lists his address plus details for other shops in Mumbai too: http://www.pressreader.com/india/ht-...81792807561653

Still you got there in the end which is the main thing
                  Last edited by Saint Jude; 27-03-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X