Dirty Derams and other bags of horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Derams and other bags of horror

So further to my post on those download codes at the other end of the spectrum what's people's views about original inners. Obviously if they are nice and crisp and covered with ads for other records is great but I have quite a few plastic lined deram bags which are frankly horrible. The records need cleaning and I don't want that dirty thing that won't stay flat and is probably offgassing anywhere near decent records. I do like the mono=red/blue-stereo decca things with the little hole in the back sleeve but they almost always seem to be wrecked.

And keeping a seperate dirty old bag ghetto elsewhere seems truely insane.

So am I a bad person for this?
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

My Inner sleeves enjoy complete anarchy. HipHop (rounded corners)12 inch ones on Jazz records, Japanese Plastic bags on Krautrock and it does happen that I use sleeves with no hole on my 12 inches, wrong company innersleeves are not a rare occurence here. Life is too short.
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Cacapo such behaviour is crazed.

One must display logical fidelity to the archive. The record is usually of more value to the collection than the inner sleeve, so if the record is threatened by the inner sleeve then it must be placed in a safe inner sleeve whilst the original inner sleeve is kept in the plastic sheath that houses everything.

Those old ripped, torn, folded, sometimes shit stained bits of paper speak about your integrity, your soul. If you're the kind of gadfly to mix them up and swap them over... then... it means the end of something, and the beginning of something I'm frightened of.
      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Is it bad to rip out the plastic bit from the inner then still use the paper bit?

Comment

all mine go in vertigo inners lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
            Is it bad to rip out the plastic bit from the inner then still use the paper bit?

Not if you're a heathen!

You could put one of those Japanese style anti-static sleeves inside instead.

Freshly cleaned records always go in new inners, but I do keep the original inners with the record if they're in any way interesting. Offgassing from old polylined sleeves shouldn't be a problem as long as they're not in direct contact with the vinyl. If the original inners are dirty or moldy or excessively defaced though, I bin them.
            Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
              Freshly cleaned records always go in new inners, but I do keep the original inners with the record if they're in any way interesting. Offgassing from old polylined sleeves shouldn't be a problem as long as they're not in direct contact with the vinyl. If the original inners are dirty or moldy or excessively defaced though, I bin them.
              This is more or elss what i do...if I got round to cleaning my records. I've got a machine and the pile next to it awaiting cleaning is monsterous. But its so bloody noisy it really annoys The Empress.
              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
              X