45s slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45s slipping

hey fullas, hoping for a bit of advice - the venue I play at has recently reconditioned it's decks, but on the two occasions I've been there since I've had issues with the odd 7 going all pitchy, like they're slipping on the mats. I've never struck this before and while stacking adaptors on top of them helps it's a total pain.
    has anyone struck this before? I'm afraid my technical knowledge of ye olde 1200s doesn't extend much beyond turning them on and off, but it appears to be a set up issue. the slipmats are new as well and I can't see why these ones in particular would be duds.
    cheers in advance.

I have this happen with just one 45 (peter cook & dudley moore - bedazzled) and it has done it at a couple of different venues I'm at a loss?

Sorry I haven't really helped there have I?.........
    i remember when it was all fields round here....

http://www.mixcloud.com/groovywoovy/

Comment

Happens sometimes to me for no apparent reason. I put a plain sleeve on the slipmat, works a treat.
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
        Happens sometimes to me for no apparent reason. I put a plain sleeve on the slipmat, works a treat.
        This.
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by AlanP View Post
          hey fullas, hoping for a bit of advice - the venue I play at has recently reconditioned it's decks, but on the two occasions I've been there since I've had issues with the odd 7 going all pitchy, like they're slipping on the mats. I've never struck this before and while stacking adaptors on top of them helps it's a total pain.
          has anyone struck this before? I'm afraid my technical knowledge of ye olde 1200s doesn't extend much beyond turning them on and off, but it appears to be a set up issue. the slipmats are new as well and I can't see why these ones in particular would be duds.
          cheers in advance.
          This sometimes happens if the tone arm weight has been set far too heavy.

Slipmats are a curse. Unless you are scratching/mixing/or doing other tomfoolery other than just playing the record - chuck them away.

Comment

If you're just playing 7s start to finish, you don't want foam slipmats - it won't help. The thick rubber ones should work better.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
              This sometimes happens if the tone arm weight has been set far too heavy.

Slipmats are a curse. Unless you are scratching/mixing/or doing other tomfoolery other than just playing the record - chuck them away.

I agree reed playing em on the metal platter is far better. Chuck em out

I get it on a few 45s when they dink hole is a little big or worn
              Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                I agree reed playing em on the metal platter is far better
                Bloody hell, what happens when you back cue?
                it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                  Bloody hell, what happens when you back cue?
                  you've not heard Phil DJing, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                    I agree reed playing em on the metal platter is far better. Chuck em out

No, just use the standard technics rubber matt that comes with the deck!

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

No, just use the standard technics rubber matt that comes with the deck!

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                          to be fair nor have I
                          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

thanks for the advice - I'll check the tone arm and the sleeve suggestion sounds good to me. kinda need to stick with the mats as I chop the intros off quite a few tracks to kick in on the vocal. it makes for a more, umm, propulsive mix.

Comment

Working...
                            X