Discogs, sell titles not listed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discogs, sell titles not listed?

Is there a way to sell records there which are not in their catalogue yet? I recall someone one here talking about this a while ago, but I might be wrong.

Yes, You have to input all the info yourself. It's a right pain. It's okay with 45s but LPs are a chore. Then there's the discogs police who are down on you like a ton of bricks for having a comma out of place
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I find contributing releases to discogs isn't too arduous. You can keep the listing simple: title, artist, label, track list, cover image and done. If someone else wants to come along afterwards and add the details of who played the Tibetan nose flute on track 4 then that's their problem.

Comment

Whilst it is, quite rightly, important to get your listing pedantically correct first time there is the advantage of, having listed a disc, yours being the only one on sale on Discogs.

Comment

You also used to be able to list an excel file which, if configured correctly, would generate listings not tied to database items but would still show up in search.

I'm pretty sure you can't do this anymore.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinhat Toyboy View Post
            Whilst it is, quite rightly, important to get your listing pedantically correct first time there is the advantage of, having listed a disc, yours being the only one on sale on Discogs.

But no-one will have clicked want and be notified of your item for sale, for browsers only :-)
            My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Tinhat Toyboy View Post
              And after all your hard work creating a new listing five minutes later some other seller lists a cheaper copy for sale

Comment

Thanks all. That excel thing was what I was looking for.

Comment

Any help with submitting releases on Discogs? The whole saved submission thing makes no sense to me....
                  sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

All I know is its a pain in the backside and I feel sorry for sellers with new records to sell. I bought a record today that's not on there, I'd happily add it if it wasn't such a rigmarole. I keep noticing a lot of double posts too especially on private presses etc.
                    Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Originally posted by Boi Bach o Bethel View Post
                      Any help with submitting releases on Discogs? The whole saved submission thing makes no sense to me....
                      Copy To Draft the most similar item to yours, ideally a different version of yours, if not the same format on same label for example. Then edit that draft to be like yours.

Comment

Yet more fascinating musical insight!
                        -
                        You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
                        but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

Comment

Working...
                        X