Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treeboy
    replied
    I've come up trumps on more than one occasion in the good condition scenario you mention.Nice when the punt turns out to be a winner, but we all know it can go horribly wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Moogaloo
    replied
    Mint I never use as all my records have been played. NM I use if flawless, but VG+ seems to cover quite a wide range of conditions which I guess is why people insert the EX or VG++ in. As long as a seller does their best to communicate the condition then that is ok in my book.

Sometimes you get somebody who does not usually sell records that puts that the record is in good condition which confuses everyone because of the crazy grading system where good condition is normally in horrible condition

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr Victor X Storm View Post
    - A good playing copy
    I also hate this one.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Victor X Storm
    replied
    How hard is it to grade a record? It's only hard when you're trying to talk up a grading into something that it isn't and cheat someone out of their money. My least favourite terms:

- Acceptable Faults
    - Strong
    - Nice
    - VG+, maybe VG++
    - A good playing copy
    - Has faults like every copy I've seen

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    Originally posted by jb stanislas View Post
    There was a seller from Australia who used to describe the cover and disc cond and then write: "Grading is up to you". He never used VG+, EX etc.. just wrote that one line.
    It seems that that sort of thing wouldn't bother some people.
    If his description was accurate then thats fair enough to say, call it what you want. I have done somethign similar, though more a case of I think its VG+, you can disgaree with the conclusion but not the facts. Of course it could be read as a nothing to do with me wash your hands clause.

"Considering the age of the record" type get out clauses are the ones that grind my nads.

Leave a comment:

• jb stanislas
    replied
    There was a seller from Australia who used to describe the cover and disc cond and then write: "Grading is up to you". He never used VG+, EX etc.. just wrote that one line.
    It seems that that sort of thing wouldn't bother some people.

Leave a comment:

• Mondays Child
    replied
    Like the idea of a new grading = 'Most Excellent'!

Be excellent to each other.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by treeboy View Post
    I hate it when people use existing grades incorrectly to make their records sound...........
    I'm pleased i'm not alone Paul mate.

RE: 'Near Excellent', so is it EX Minus, or VG+!? Grading is a very subject, so when you they stray from RCPG/Goldmine grading system it's harder to dispute their poorly graded record as it's made up term of their own creation!

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    I hate it when people use existing grades incorrectly to make their records sound...........
    Just a good honest description of how it looks and sounds should be enough. This can be done using the existing gradings, if sellers can be arsed to look and listen. I hate that "visual grading only". Always makes me think it's going to sound like a fry up going on in the background, and the seller has given him/herself a get out.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    started a topic New grading term.

New grading term.

More and more I see people using the vague term "Near Excellent" online, I hate it when people fabricate a new term to make their over graded records sound as if they're in better condition than they are!
Working...
X