Cassette To MP3 Transfer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassette To MP3 Transfer Service

Can anyone recommend someone that does professional analogue to digital conversions? I have an old promo tape that I need converting. I tried getting a company in Bath to do it and they were terrible, the levels were all over the place. I've seen a few on Google but I thought I'd check on here first.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Originally posted by tjh392 View Post
    Can anyone recommend someone that does professional analogue to digital conversions? I have an old promo tape that I need converting. I tried getting a company in Bath to do it and they were terrible, the levels were all over the place. I've seen a few on Google but I thought I'd check on here first.

Any suggestions would be welcome
    My first suggestion would be to transfer your tape to a WAV file (or other high level digital format e.g. AIFF) you can then "downgrade" it to a mp3...

Comment

Have you got a tape deck and a pc?

If so, just get an Imic or similar, and download some free software like Audacity. You can then record your tape onto the pc as a Wav file - you can then boost the levels, add a little compression etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
        My first suggestion would be to transfer your tape to a WAV file (or other high level digital format e.g. AIFF) you can then "downgrade" it to a mp3...
        Good point SirSlim.

Originally posted by IAN View Post
        Have you got a tape deck and a pc?

If so, just get an Imic or similar, and download some free software like Audacity. You can then record your tape onto the pc as a Wav file - you can then boost the levels, add a little compression etc.
        Unfortunately no tape deck, I was tempted in doing it before a couple of years ago when I had one but I wanted to make sure it was done properly.

Comment

Working...
        X