Kickin' Mustangs 45 on Plato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickin' Mustangs 45 on Plato

Hi does anyone. Here know what the deal is with all these copies of kickin mustangs cropping up on ebay is all about are they OGs?
    Noticed the same with loving you sometimes

Regards Kenneth

yeah deadstock find a year or two ago
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Ah ok just won a copy this minute bout 67 pounds cheaper than it used to be that's the reason I guess, luckily I bought a loving you sometimes bout 4 years ago from a local guy in southend

Comment

Are you talking of Kickin /Take A Miracle on Plato?
        Seems unusual to saturate the market and deflate the value, thought these multi copy finds were carefully drip fed out.
        record licker

Comment

Yeah they seem to be on there almost constantly when I look as I said the price has dropped off because of this

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth View Post
            Yeah they seem to be on there almost constantly when I look as I said the price has dropped off because of this
            Good. Great track.
            record licker

Comment

Aren't they all coming out of Las Vegas..? Someone bought out the label owner was the story I was told...

My copy of Loving You came out of Val Shively's in Phila just a few months before all these multiples started showing up. Talking with local fiends, it turns out Val had a handful of copies mingling amongst the gazillions of dead stock.
              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Goes back to May 2013. I think you are along the right lines Sie. The figures I recall were 40 copies of the Outcasts, and 190!! of The Kicking Mustangs. Both still too hot for me
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                  Goes back to May 2013. I think you are along the right lines Sie. The figures I recall were 40 copies of the Outcasts, and 190!! of The Kicking Mustangs. Both still too hot for me
                  I'm not entirely convinced. The guy selling these is a notorious bootlegger. Who also sometimes comes into dead stock (see Prix Records etc.). However, if you look at his ebay listings he's very quick to mention that records are "1st PRESS" EXCEPT a load of these Outcasts and Mustangs - where he doesn't state that they ARE original... and all the tons of re-issues.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/vashx22/m....mplete=1&rt=nc

Approach with extreme caution I would say...
                  Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Mmmm... I'll compare it to my mates copy he's had years when it arrives although when he says first press I think a lot of them records did get later presses but I may be wrong....

Comment

Don't think anybody has compared matrix info on this particular brace. The Plato sleeves look real deal.
                      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
                        The Plato sleeves look real deal.
                        Agreed.
                        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
                          Don't think anybody has compared matrix info on this particular brace. The Plato sleeves look real deal.
                          Maybe my paranoia has gone into overdrive BUT... If the seller found deadstock of the Plato label, and he's sold all the original Mustangs and Outcasts - what about all the other 45s on Plato? The ones which aren't sought after. Maybe he took the sleeves off them and used them on new bootlegs? Just a conspiracy theory to liven up the thread...
                          Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Until Kenneth gets his and can compare, we won't know really. My second hand info came via the G45 bulk finds thread. Those guys seem to know their onions when it comes to garage 45s (The Outcasts in this case), so I'm kind of leaning to them being real, as if they turned out to be fake, it would be kicking off big time over there.
                            Hope you will let us know Kenneth
                            Everyone tear down your own little wall
                            That keeps you from being a part of it all
                            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                            You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Will do when arrives and i can look at mates copy of kickin mustangs, like you say it would kick off. ill keep you posted when can do this.
                              Kenneth

Comment

Working...
                              X