Charity madness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity madness!

Popped into town today and saw a new charity shop had opened. Popped in and there were three crates of records. Sticker on the front said 'All records are individually priced'. Ominous. Mostly classical, ordinary, nothing special, £6, £8.50, £7!!!! Prices like that. Some of them were MFP records. Those records will be there forever. I know records are supposed to be a bit hip at the moment but that's ludicrous.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

And I've been moaning about the 100% increase in prices in my home city - across the board £1 > £2 from recent experience. I should think myself lucky!

Comment

Another chazza moan thread, brilliant! So.....
      There's this chazza in Streatham that up until recently did all vinyl at 25p a pop, 99.9% cack, but easy to take a punt at that price.
      However now all are priced at £1. I mentioned to the lady that the stock that had been there for months/years on end was unlikely to shift at £1 if it didn't go for 25p previously
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

>It's for charity you tight scroungers.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Yes it's for charity so it'd be better if they priced them at a level that was going to make them sell. I really can't see people turning up at a small town in Suffolk and thinking £7 is a bargain for an MFP Beethoven. They wouldn't be that much new if you could still get them.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
              >It's for charity you tight scroungers.
              Don't worry Eine, they'll be turned into fruit bowls at £2.50 a pop pretty soon
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

The price of record fruit bowls is outrageous!!
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Oxfam are the worst I think they just look on discogs take the highest price they can see and add a 0.
                  Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Originally posted by amidar View Post
                    Oxfam are the worst I think they just look on discogs take the highest price they can see and add a 0.

If you've got free time, go in and tell the manager and perhaps offer your services, I did, every one is a winner!
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I wonder how much collectively the members of this forum have deprived charities of over the years.
                      All those rare UK prog and jazz lp's that have been bought for loose change?
                      record licker

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                        All those rare UK prog and jazz lp's that have been bought for loose change?
                        I've yet to deprive them of any funds for any of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                          I've yet to deprive them of any funds for any of the above.
                          Come to think of it I cant actually remember ever finding anything worth more than £20...ever. But I'm sure a few Hum Donos etc have been gripped for pence. You never had a big charity shop find then Sayers, I'm shocked
                          record licker

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                            You never had a big charity shop find then Sayers, I'm shocked

I've had three prog (Couple of Vertigo swirls.) LP's out of Oxfam books & music, all from the same collection, and I paid appropriate money for them, which I'm more than happy to do.

Comment

It always seems to be a problem for charities, pricing records. They mark up a Beatles fruit bowl prospect to 100 kr (10£) and put a rare electronica record in the 10 kr bin.
                              One of the large charities here seem to send everything to a central sorting unit. They had a huge sale here, putting out about 50 crates of vinyl at once, with the worst stuff sorted out. Priced at 30 kr, 4 for 100 kr. A week later they halved the price. Good thing, they got a bit more without having to price records. I think they could have gone with a higher start price first day or so, there were many part-time dealers cherrypicking then.
                              Then again, this sale was in my town, I guess their shops in other towns have had nothing but junk meanwhile.
                              ------------------------------------------------------
                              "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X