Hard Rock Mixes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Rock Mixes?

Can anyone recommend any? I have been enjoying things like Blakbirds 2000, Art Zoyd - Something in Love, and Julian Cope's Glamrocksampler lately. Can anyone recommend any mixes of this sort of ilk? (I suspect I'll be reaching for Rich Hero's mix CDs next...)
    "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

cherrystones "Leather Report" mix might hit the spot, i like that one a lot...
    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Here's a rough recording of a set I played at a biker rally a few years ago: http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...everything-mix

And oldschooltramp's (AKA Mutley) library mix has plenty of rocky moments on it here: http://spoiltbroth.podomatic.com
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

I would be very surprised if there's any credible/good hard rock gear on a library record? I like "Ill Wind" from KPM 'Rock Spectrum' but can't think of any others. Anything with a "funky mohawks style organ" does not count as hard rock!!

I'd love to be proved wrong though.... Hit me!

Edit: i guess the Distortions LP would count? Some bangers on there...
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

loads of good heavy rock on library records. maybe a specific mix is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
            Do it man.
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Thanks a lot Col. I am listening and downloading now.
              "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Comment

Post up some youtube clips... Instant gratification!
                Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                  Post up some youtube clips... Instant gratification!
                  wow, you read like an example of the Internet Generation! Took some of us years to find this sort of thing. Think I will do a mix sometime (as should the likes of mrsayers/ldjb/richhero all of whom I know have plenty of this stuff)

Comment

Col man...I might stretch to a chart at some point, but I would guess most of the ones I own are fairly well known to those who buy libraries!
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Not heard a mix from you in a few years Craig. Go for it. Libes, fuzz, breakz and weird gear please!
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

wow, you read like an example of the Internet Generation!
                        Generation Y or Generation Z??

Digital Natives / Screenagers
                        <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

wow, you read like an example of the Internet Generation! Took some of us years to find this sort of thing. Think I will do a mix sometime (as should the likes of mrsayers/ldjb/richhero all of whom I know have plenty of this stuff)
                          Less that, and more "put your money where your mouth is" - I still don't believe there are (hardly any) any credible hard rock ones...
                          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Thanks for these btw, Col, I listened to your biker one t'other night, great stuff. I may come back with a question or two about specific tracks. Is there a link to a thread where you discuss the gig? It sounds like an experience!

EDIT: Found it! Sounds like a pretty "hairy" night.

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                              Less that, and more "put your money where your mouth is" - I still don't believe there are (hardly any) any credible hard rock ones...
                              The very essence of library houses is to supply contemporary/retrospective/futuristic recordings for every conceivable style/genre so to assume there are "(hardly any) credible hard rock" tracks is somewhat naive.

Comment

Working...
                              X