Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Cherrystones Mix On Line! Plus Join the Cherrystones Campaign!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cherrystones Mix On Line! Plus Join the Cherrystones Campaign!!

http://www.poptones.co.uk/mp3blog/cherrystones03.htm

here is the mix - it is indeed ace. plus - there is sean rowley's email address included -- PLEASE EMAIL SEAN AND ASK HIM TO PUT CHERRYSTONES BACK ON AIR SO WE CAN CONTINUE HAVING THIS FAB MIXES TO LISTEN TO!

Originally posted by icantakeyouthroughthezone

here is the mix - it is indeed ace. plus - there is sean rowley's email address included -- PLEASE EMAIL SEAN AND ASK HIM TO PUT CHERRYSTONES BACK ON AIR SO WE CAN CONTINUE HAVING THIS FAB MIXES TO LISTEN TO!
    Yeah I think I plugged this last week. Its class.

Bizzarely Im having a shocking week this week because Im got to make sean rowleys new 'guilty pleasures' website in about 2 days.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

how weird...

cool. sorry for the double plug then. just want cherrystones back on the show so we can have another great mix for the site! cherrystones has totally changed the way i view music through his poptones top tens...

Comment

cherrystones has totally changed the way i view music through his poptones top tens...

aye,
        him, andy votel and many other dudes relating to this site (although i'm not sure who they all are) have, through comps, mixes and websites have definately pointed me in the right direction over the last few years.
        plus they have all been super decent when i've had any communications with them.

i hope they all realise what an incredibly important job they are doing.
        they should be given grants by museums etc. (for all i know they might be)

you only have to look at how the bbc treated old broadcasts (didn't they destroy many old broadcasts, particularly morecombe and wise, that they didn't think were worth keeping?) to realise that without dedicated people making the effort that some of the most amazing things will be lost forever.

thanks boys! (and any girls )

Comment

Doned.
          Big up as evr to the Gods man.
          MODZ
          Hero No.9
          Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
          THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

true enough...

just for introducing me to relatively clean rivers .. he is a god, obviously.

Comment

crap, i'm still on dial-up. how much longer will this mix be up? i'd like to nab this over the weekend provided my dsl is back up and running by then. i'm loving the comps by cherrystones and andy votel, good stuff that I otherwise wouldn't have heard about.

Comment

Originally posted by mech1
                crap, i'm still on dial-up. how much longer will this mix be up? i'd like to nab this over the weekend provided my dsl is back up and running by then. i'm loving the comps by cherrystones and andy votel, good stuff that I otherwise wouldn't have heard about.
                well, there's always the vv room on soulseek.

<alan is now looking for a secret squirrel emoticon>

Comment

just for introducing me to relatively clean rivers .. he is a god, obviously.
                  didn't god make the rivers?
                  spooky.
                  MODZ
                  Hero No.9
                  Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                  THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

hahaha...

gareth, if you are reading, we need another top ten ... soon. yeah the mix is there to stay. if you go to www.poptones.co.uk/webcast.htm there is another mix on there that was previously hyped up that is also brilliant ... what is the soulseek room - am new to vinyl vulture.

Comment

The last Cherrystones mix was up on Poptones for a while so you should be safe.

what is the soulseek room - am new to vinyl vulture.
                      Check the sticky threads.

Comment

New Mix...

cherrystones just dropped an email. another CDR street mix is on its way...! the follow-up to entertaining the unobvious!

Comment

You all need his 'entertaining the unobvious' mix.
                          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

you certainly do...

'entertaining the unobvious' was the mix that made me realise that he is without a doubt one of the best djs in englnad at the moment...

the follow-up should be sweet.

you can get it by emailing him at [email protected] ... taking it too the street - DIY CDR STYLE!

Comment

Cherrystones

I remember a night he ran in Cardiff back in the mid 90s, mixing old garage punk and hip-hop, old 60s movies projected into the background - his DJ sets then introduced me to so much stuff that's been re-issued since. Good to see him getting his props over the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X