New Releases: August 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Releases: August 2014

The latest Spoke release is our first double single package wrapped in a poster bag and with stickers.

Smoke: Dreams of Dreams is here.

You can read the back story of Bury St Edmunds finest here or in the latest Shindig! (Issue 41)
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Loving it Ian mate...Ordered a copy the other day.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Looking forward to the Smoke double...ordered

....also the new Listening Centre 7" from Ghost Box, the second in their new "Other Voices" series....
      markmorb.blogspot.com

Briars Frome
      http://briarsfrome.bandcamp.com

Comment

Originally posted by Morbius View Post
        Looking forward to the Smoke double...ordered

....also the new Listening Centre 7" from Ghost Box, the second in their new "Other Voices" series....
        Cheers Mark! Smoke has created loads of interest and looks like it's gonna get a TV showing courtesy of Look East (probably as a Mike Liggins fill-in slot )
        new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Took delivery today of Leisure Birds-Tetrahedron on Deep Distance. I got #97 0f 100. Don't even know if they are going to make the shops! Two other labels are releasing it too.
          At times squelchy electronics, motorik rhythms, clanging guitars, shimmery haze of sound, at times quite melancholic....whatever! It's ace. Good work Dom

Thumbs up to the Spoke crew. That's some catalogue you guys are building. Thanks.
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Delia Derbyshire 7" coming out on silva screen (ltd to 500) - already sold out on pre-order from Piccadilly/Norman recs but did a google search and found it here;

http://drwho.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=18397

Comment

Reissue of Jerzy Milian's "Bazaar" due soon. Vibes-led Polish jazz. Some bits good for the slinky/sinister mode that Ginghamkitchen was on about a while back. Nice with the wordless vocals too.

Not (to my ears) obviously in thrall to the vogue jazz sounds of the time - no bad thing. The first track slightly more 'straight ahead' than the rest?

The whole thing is on Youtube.

Comment

Nana Love's "Disco Documentary - Full of Funk" has been reissued by BBE.

http://bbemusic.com/releases/BBE250A...k#.U-p1M6Oc5vm

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post

The latest Spoke release is our first double single package wrapped in a poster bag and with stickers.

You can read the back story of Bury St Edmunds finest here or in the latest Shindig! (Issue 41)

Landed today, thanks guys!

You ain't half gone to town on this release, your best yet.
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

ONE WAY STATIC continue to worry Death Waltz, i've pre-ordered their upcoming (perviously unissued) OSTs to "surf nazis must die" (classic Troma rubbish) and "street trash" (one of my favourite ever exploito flicks.... )
                    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Out on 25th August, Khun Narin's Electric Phin Band LP. I think that the band were highlighted here last year via a youtube clip, possibly this one:

OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                        Landed today, thanks guys!

You ain't half gone to town on this release, your best yet.
                        ....what he said, great stuff...
                        markmorb.blogspot.com

Briars Frome
                        http://briarsfrome.bandcamp.com

Comment

http://khunnarin.bandcamp.com/releases

Comment

Sorry, was sleeping a bit on this - now ordered! Great untangling of the story behind it too, guys - the thought of a band glowering within whilst forced to bash out a version of 'My Friend Jack' says much about this here rock 'n' roll biz. While I can sympathise with their baulking at recording Tony Macauley material (always strictly a second division pop writer in my book), it's interesting that they went with what appears to be a Bob Saker song.

Saker was (and indeed is) one of those interesting 'under the radar' ephemeral pop figures who I recently discovered through his song 'Spiggy, Booker, Back Door Jack and Me' on an early seventies John Leyton album on York Records. It seems he was also part of a band called Loose Ends who did a decent cover of The Beatles 'Taxman' on a Decca single and was the co-writer of Ambrose Slade's 'Wild Winds Are Blowing' (it's on 'Sladest'...) The seventies seemed to see him descend into a hell of novelty records and voiceover work including being both the Honey Monster and the Hofmeister Bear (!) and by the early 80s his (fairly awful) song 'Tonight' featured in the soundtrack of Paul Raymond's 'Erotica' movie.

His website reveals him to be these days doing big band crooners in the company of Alan Hawkshaw no less...anybody got any more on any interesting 60s stuff he was involved in?
                            you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

that John Leyton album has eluded me forever !
                              Rockwell
                              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                              X