Discogs Search Engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discogs Search Engine.

I notice Discogs have 'enhanced' their search facility, since when every search term I use is bringing up the not found page. At which point I use the term in G****le and at the top of their returns is the Discogs page ,which Discogs own engine cant find. Just like the good old bad old days.
    Anyone experiencing anything similar?
    May be worth pointing out I'm still using XP, I have a Windows 7 package but I cant be arsed installing it.
    record licker

Discogs search engine is a complete joke, drives me nuts!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Yes it is crap , you may already do it but using the cat number is far better than artist/title etc

thats if you have it of course and aren't just looking for an album so I'm talking really from a selling or value point of view

Comment

If I don't know the cat no. I just google the title I'm looking for and include Discogs in the search words. Usually works miles better than the website search engine.
        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
          I just google the title I'm looking for and include Discogs in the search words. Usually works miles better than the website search engine.
          Sound advice...I might try this in the future, cheers Hayden mate.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Their search engine sucks, but if you are searching by artist name, it's default is "relevance." That includes all kinds of irrelevant chaff. Use the dropdown to select either A-Z or Z-A, whichever is closer to your artist alphabetically, and you can find all the listed artists by that name in no time. You just flick through the pages until you find where the artist name starts. (It doesn't absolve them. You shouldn't have to jump through lame hoops to get to something so basic as artists.)
            Last edited by moecurlythanu; 08-08-2014, 11:59 PM.
            https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Yep - I just go straight to google and search with discogs + record title in the search !
              - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Comment

To be honest, the search facility on Discogs is SO bad that I can only conclude that they must have designed it that way on purpose. Nobody could make something that shit by accident.
                Hull Music Archive

Comment

Working...
                X