It's been a long time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a long time...

Anyways I haven't posted for a while. 2 weeks ago I returned from my vacation in Ghana with a healthy stack of some 70 records including 14 Fela records plus some other goodies. I managed to find Afro Rock "body music". The sleeve is printed in UK but the record itself is a Ghana press. I know there's also a UK press of the record. Which one is the OG?

Also I found Nana Love "disco documentary full of funk" however my copy is not on the OG Ghana Taretone label but a licensed one on the US Nestor label but it's pressed up in the UK or at least the sleeve is. What's the story behind this?

This morning I came from a few days in Libanon. I didn't have time to dig because of too much work but does anybody know about any Lebanese records that should be worth checking out? My guess is that there must be some nice stuff from the before the civil war in 1975. Anybody knows?

Thanks in advance,

Dress

Hey Mr Dreskieboogie, I will be in Copenhagen weekend March 18 for a good few days. Maybe we could meet up for a beer.

I am not a nutter.
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by dreskieboogie
      does anybody know about any Lebanese records that should be worth checking out? My guess is that there must be some nice stuff from the before the civil war in 1975. Anybody knows?

Thanks in advance,

Dress
      In my (very) limited experience of Lebanese vinyl I have but one recommendation... It's from a greatest hits album by Sabah ( a female I think ) and its on 'voice of lebanon' label, 1973. Track is called 'Sattouta' and is groovy in a way that that wailing style of middle east music can only be... ( I'm tempted to use the words belly dancing music, but that would be wrong. )

This record was one of a batch of 4/5 that I liberated from a charity shop, and the other records are no longer with me, so that should tell you something in itself.

Although interesting I wouldn't recommend forking out real money for it...

Respect
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
      X