Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finds Found: The thread where you say thanks to people who have hipped you to cool records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campag Record
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    Another one who doesn't like mixing and dance/soul/dj/bollywood records, eh? oddball!
    No, I like them genres...just not the other stuff discussed on here

Seriously, big up to the many records VV/VG+ has hipped me to from all the usual suspects (not you Sayers ).

Also always intended systematically going through every xmas mix I have and looking for those records but not done nearly enough of it.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Another one who doesn't like mixing and dance/soul/dj/bollywood records, eh? oddball!

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied
    I just rely on whatever Mojo recommends me.

You all have weird tastes anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Magoorty
    replied
    I've not been on here for ages, but spotted this thread today and had to take the opportunity to thank Messrs LDJB and Fuz for the generosity they showed when I lived in their neck of the woods. The one time I played at 'Mud with them, I left with twice as many records than I'd arrived with. None I was familiar with, but of course every one containing something great. There's no digging to be had where I live now which means I'm delving into the collection far more than I used to. A clutch of vulture classics have gone down well with the kids this weekend, particularly 'Lightning Red'. So cheers chaps. I'll get back down to the 'Mud one of these days.

Leave a comment:

• medlar
    replied
    Big up to all vg+ crew who have put me on to stuff I would have never dreamed of listening to - this site is the boss!

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    I am welling up .......better go before I make a fool of myself

Leave a comment:

• Mr SJ Herd
    replied
    Rarely a week goes past where I don't crawl in from work, usually around the 3AM mark, to find a couple of singles or LPs sitting on my turntable from the illustrious LDJB (I have the sincere privilege/advantage of residing in his spare bedroom these days). They are inevitably fantastic, found out a chazza for 50p & accompanied by "just sort me out at The Mud or something". It's daft that it should take an online forum to tell someone you see every day how much you appreciate their knowledge, help & kindness- but I guess that's life! I wouldn't have a clue on about 99.8% of the 'good' things in my collection if it wasn't for him (of which I imagine you are all aware); so for that, his awful puns & decent Sunday roasts I am eternally grateful.

Big love also goes to Sie Norfolk who has always been generous with both his knowledge & 45s, Craig who let me put a 45 about/made-from Newcastle Brown Ale on his turntable, Mr Divine who sorted me out with the last 45 I cried over, SlimJim who always tells it like it is, Eric who has become such a great friend & digging partner over the last year, Fuz who encouraged me into the bosom of Eclectic Mud & this very board & every other single smashing one of you's I met at Leeds & Newcastle this year & online.

Ye's are all great to me!

Leave a comment:

• bennyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    They may, individually, be cheap, and he doesn't actually press the button himself, but the constant stream of BINs that have arrived at my house are the personal, single and individual responsibility of Boi Bach o Bethel'..
    Yes! Have found my way to a few bargains on the back of Boi Bach O Bethel's tireless work.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Muench
    replied
    Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    the personal, single and individual responsibility of Boi Bach o Bethel'.
    This looks like the perfect thread to publicly thank Boi Bach o Bethel for the many parcels I have received over the years, usually with a nice note pointing towards the breaks. Thanks Ben, and anyone else who has sent me stuff in the past either during a free give away or a swap. I have lost count of the number of records I have picked up purely because someone on here has mentioned it or posted it in the finds threads...

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    They may, individually, be cheap, and he doesn't actually press the button himself, but the constant stream of BINs that have arrived at my house are the personal, single and individual responsibility of Boi Bach o Bethel'.

And for that, I thank him.

I also thank every member of this board who've facilitated, enabled and downright encouraged my affliction these last 12 years.

You bunch of cnuts.

Leave a comment:

• Boi Bach o Bethel
    replied
    I think that the lion share of the contributors on the board are very open with the music they share . So a big thanks to all.

Props to PH whose quest to catalogue all folk funk has resulted in mix after mix of quality stuff

Leave a comment:

• Benicio Del Toffo
    replied
    I concur with m'learned friends above.

I wouldn't have half (at least) of these without the knowledge shared by and the undoubted generosity of folk round these parts:

So, thank you all and keep up the good work, even if I do have to refresh my Wants list on an almost monthly basis.

However, without your malign influence, I can safely say that I would have a lot more money, a lot more room, a less mithering girlfriend and fewer young people wondering why I've been buying antiques.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Can't believe I forgot Andrew Divine!!! I think it's 'cos he's a real world pal. Anyway such great taste and my fave DJ bar none. Has put me onto, and sorted me out with, soooo many great records and even puts up with my snoring few a couple of days each year! Top fella!

Also forgot props to Boney and DOKO and the forever missed Neil aka Towny - jeez that boy knew his records!

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
    I need to get back into the finds thing - watch this space
    I'm watching Sie mate.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    I concur! I love the finds threads and trackies - had lots of great tips off them so please keep 'em coming. Enrico, mr Sayers, treeboy, Sie-fly, DR Smith, the Fuzmeister, sarge, rich hero, col Wolfe, Ben V, Nige, Mr Sundae - you all deserve a special thanks for putting me onto and in some cases supplying me with amazing records.
    Like Sie my list pretty much reads like your's Lee mate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X