X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reddingtons

http://t.co/OEJMtzgKsI

'KIN HELL !

I used to find some great bargains there when I was at college in the early 80s - and as late as 1992 turned up a copy of Television's brilliant 'Arrow' bootleg (filed under 'A' natch !) and the Dog That Bit People album for a quid each.
    "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

Gold rush or crud rush?
      record licker

Comment

Bollocks! I'm heading up north that day. Good luck chaps, bet it'll be mayhem. Hopefully there's still some gooduns in there
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
          Gold rush or crud rush?
          That Brum Beat LP is worth dough for starters...
          "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

That's £4 and not in the £1 sale

:-)

Comment

I was thinking of going to this.
              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Does that Brazilian fellow know about this?
                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

I imagine it will be unbelievably grueling, but there must be something decent there.

I'm not sure I'd spend the hours looking through 75,000 records and fighting off hordes of grippers to find out though*

I never found bugger all at Reddingtons in the times I went, but didn't Chris Arthur pull loads of great 7"s from there before the rest of the world caught up to his music tastes? Paul Nicholas and Spencer Mac etc etc

*Ironically I'll be at the Lille Braderie that weekend
                  it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                  take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Is this sale really be worth going to? An honest question as I'm contemplating it.
                    Will not all his contacts/store owners/friends have had first pick before the sale day?
                    On the day it could be chaos unless he's going to run an RSD style entrance queue by which only those at the front will get anything decent and those halfway down the queue will be looking through the dross?
                    Will you need to turn up the day before and camp out overnight to get a decent place in the queue?
                    I would guess a lot of people are going to turn up (real collectors and the ebay touts) and it could decent into chaos if not stewarded properly.

Comment

Originally posted by korova View Post
                      those halfway down the queue will be looking through the dross?
                      Isn't that the point of VG+? Picking up the undiscovered (turds) that the everyday folks leave behind?
                      MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

It's been gone through and hawked out to a lot of dealers quite a few times in the past. In fact I know they emailed dealers about it this week. The consensus from some people I know who went through it a few years ago was that there probably was a few decent bits in there but there was that much to go through it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. A one day event packed full of fellow diggers would probably make that task extremely difficult! If you look he still lists on musicstack, might be worth looking through the listings there to see what he's selling to see if there's realistically anything that's worth your while going down to buy. If you were travelling from far away you might want to weigh up whether it would be a waste of the cost of travel to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycasual View Post
                          It's been gone through and hawked out to a lot of dealers quite a few times in the past. In fact I know they emailed dealers about it this week. The consensus from some people I know who went through it a few years ago was that there probably was a few decent bits in there but there was that much to go through it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. A one day event packed full of fellow diggers would probably make that task extremely difficult! If you look he still lists on musicstack, might be worth looking through the listings there to see what he's selling to see if there's realistically anything that's worth your while going down to buy. If you were travelling from far away you might want to weigh up whether it would be a waste of the cost of travel to get there.
                          Many thanks, that's useful info.

Comment

i was at the closing down sale when the shop was in Digbeth in birmingham, everything was massivly reduced and i didnt really find much worth buying.
                            though it wasnt a pound each, it might be worth checking out. im guessing its going to be rammed.
                            im not expecting to find mint hendrix and zeppelin ogs, but should have plenty of VG+ type records
                            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I think it will be great for shops & record fair dealers, probably lots of £5-£12 LP's for £1 a pop & as someone pointed out i reckon a fair amount of VG+ classics. Not so good for ebay dealers or collectors looking for rare's
                              The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
                              Vault mint

Comment

Working...
                              X