new way of getting around paying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reza View Post
    it means that if the seller ends the listing they will still be charged the final value fee as it was when they ended it

so for example
    your turntable which has "viewing welcome" has reached 200 quid and someone comes round and offers you a cash price which you accept , when you remove it ebay will still take 20 quid...............they'll still want their 10% of whatever price it had reached (or was that just a dream I had last night lol)

bearing in mind in all these scenarios you've already paid a listing fee
    Oh my gosh. Thanks for explaining it so well with good examples. I have been in most of those situations in the 12 years I have been selling on ebay. The way I see it, what you don;t pay them in listing fees with the 20-50 free listing a month, you pay them when you get caught up in on of those scenarios. You will probably have one come around each year for a high ticket item, so there goes your listing fees you didn;t pay in the ebay promotion. NO corporation will allow themselves to give away anything completely and tottally. It has to be encumbered by something in it;s very makeup. Either that or they will set up another charge or income in the future with the freebee. That;s part of a business model so no surprises and so no expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
      it means that if the seller ends the listing early they will still be charged the final value fee as it was when they ended it

so for example
      your turntable which has "viewing welcome" has reached 200 quid and someone comes round and offers you a cash price which you accept , when you remove it ebay will still take 20 quid

or you work in a record shop and list high end lps on ebay as BINs as well as have them for sale in the shop, so if they sell in the shop , or on discogs, ebay still takes 10%

or you have hundreds of items on ebay and a genuine emergency crops up and you have to delist everything, ebay takes its 10% even though nothing sold

or on re checking you notice that that record you put up has a bid on it for 100 quid actually has a scratch on it that you didnt see before so you take it off , that'll cost you 10 quid thank you

or you see your best mate selling that hum dono album you've been after for years and plead with him to sell it to you, so he succumbs and removes it from ebay , they'll still want their 10% of whatever price it had reached (or was that just a dream I had last night lol)

bearing in mind in all these scenarios you've already paid a listing fee
      Wow. That's just insane. That's a farRRR bigger a deal than all the small extra charges. Normally if you end early because it's broken etc, all bids are automatically
      removed before ending. So the listing will just end at the start price with no bids. If you started at 1p, it ends at 1p.
      You must surely still be able to at least remove peoples bids manually... (A few people can be bonkers to deal with after all.)

I can see a lot of people now just starting with an insanely large BIN with no offer option, sell off ebay, then change the description to a Timmy Mallet 7" @ 4p before ending.

People do make genuine listing mistakes and this is just not cool. If you had, say a car @ £3000, you would then technically have a listing fee of £300 if you make an error?
      Doesn't seem right.

Comment

lost me a bit there a bit, no, the max end listing early charge is 25 quid , 10% of 250 it says and that only applies after the first 24 hours so youve plenty of time to change an error in the listing and thats not ending a listing early

Comment

If anyone is remotely interested, I think the ending fee issue currently doesn't apply to ebay uk. It looks only to be on ebay US at the moment. (but don't quote me on that)
          I also don't see any evidence that it includes BIN's. Ebay UK seems to have removed their sitemap from the main front page btw.

Ebay UK
          http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/end_early.html

Ebay US
          http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

Comment

Working...
          X