Fausto Papetti, Klaus Wunderlich, Billy Vaughan, Tony Mottola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fausto Papetti, Klaus Wunderlich, Billy Vaughan, Tony Mottola

I was out digging in Jakarta the other day and two facts were immediately notable: (1) the vast majority of half-decent Indo records are increasingly hard to come by, with dealers bemoaning the young folk snapping gems up to flog on the bay and (2) that there are hundred upon hundreds of LPs around by the four folk mentioned above.

Which brings me to my question: did any of these four ever produce anything worth listening to? If so, what? And which albums were they in?

Cheers in advance.
    To infinity - and beyond!

This ones ok

http://www.discogs.com/Fausto-Papett...elease/1828093

My Mixcloud

Comment

I like this.
      SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

theres is a papetti record with a nice version of "footprints on the moon". watch out for the one record with the half-naked woman on the cover!

wunderlichs "summertime" version is considered a classic among «beatheads» no? it's on the golden lp.
        i also like moog2000 by wunderlich because it is so cheesy it's good again. and if you speak german it's well worth reading the liner notes. in fact, those might be the past part of the lp.

i think i have one or two half decent billy vaughn 45s somewhere.
        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Beat me to it. Moog 2000 has survived many Easy listening purges over the years. Papettis "love theme" can be found on the one with the toy car on a womans hip.
          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

I've never been quite sure if Billy Vaughn is the same person, but I've long been a fan of his 'Time Of The Season'.

Obviously I don't need to tell you that Fausto Papetti's cover of Love Unlimited Orchestra's 'Love's Theme' is a UBB classic, but I much prefer 'Gesma' from the same LP.

Old thread here.

Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
            watch out for the one record with the half-naked woman on the cover!
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

theres is a papetti record with a nice version of "footprints on the moon". watch out for the one record with the half-naked woman on the cover!
              Most of his records have a half naked women on the cover!
              My Mixcloud

Comment

Sometimes they are completely naked.
                All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Moogaloo View Post
                  oh! well, it's the one where she is topless but still has her panties on. not the other way round. i also think she's on a beach or something.

Comment

oh! well, it's the one where she is topless but still has her panties on. not the other way round. i also think she's on a beach or something.
                    Is it the one with Raccolta in the title?
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Another groover
                      My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                        Is it the one with Raccolta in the title?
                        thats the one!
                        also, the woman is not wearing a hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Moogaloo View Post
                          Beat me to it!
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

I stuck this on my 2009 swap

Fausto Papetti - Samba de Sausalito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVzEvYyq2A

Also Campag stuck this on his 2008 swap

Fausto Papetti - Meeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAT6skoHr_g
                            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Not too sure any of them artist would do much for you Hugh man, I would certainly give Klaus a body swerve (I know that's not very Vulture of me, but I an't got any filed so I think you would struggle!).

I'm with Rich on the Billy Vaughn, I also dig the version of 'Windmills of your mind' on there. Be Careful which press you get as 'Time of the season' isn't on one of them.

On the Fausto Papatti front, I dig these two (Also dig the UBB classic one mentioned earlier in the thread) -

Fausto Papetti ‎– 14a Raccolta....Great dusty fingers tinged version of 'Slippin' into darkness -

http://www.discogs.com/Fausto-Papett.../master/119306

(Comes with several different sleeves)

This one also has a great track on too -

http://www.discogs.com/Fausto-Papett...elease/3912607

He was really prolific so I'm sure there will be other good tracks tucked away somewhere.

On the Tony Mottola front, I only own this one -

http://www.discogs.com/Tony-Mottola-.../master/289537

Got it cheap for the version of 'Kites are fun', the LP is very easy, and ain't really played it!

I'll be intrigued to see what you get, make sure you post them up when your back!
                              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Working...
                              X