Lewis L'Amour - Light In The Attic release of 80s private press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis L'Amour - Light In The Attic release of 80s private press

Don't think there's been any mention of this unearthed gem yet? Anyone given it a listen? I just did - and it's amazing - Nick Drake meets 80s John Martyn with syths..... gorgeous chilled out stuff. There's a second recently discovered album coming out soon - good back story to the mystery of the artist, though LITA say they discovered where he is recently. Some people say it is all an elaborate marketing fraud - though I can't see much evidence of that.

I thought the world of you
    Love showered me

Lewis found!
    "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Incredible album, spent a couple of years looking for an original thanks to the guys at Waxidermy, but Light in the Attic saved me once again!
    The whole marketing fraud thing really just doesn't sit with the way Light in the Attic work, i'd have thought it would destroy their well earned credibility.
    The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
    Vault mint

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
      Incredible album, spent a couple of years looking for an original thanks to the guys at Waxidermy, but Light in the Attic saved me once again!
      The whole marketing fraud thing really just doesn't sit with the way Light in the Attic work, i'd have thought it would destroy their well earned credibility.
      I imagined that Waxidermy was all over it! Yes - the fraud thing doesn't stack up for me, as the album came to light in 2009 - why invent it then, and then wait 5 years before acting on it?! As you say - not something LITA would actively get involved in. Looking forward to hearing the second album....

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
        Some people say it is all an elaborate marketing fraud - though I can't see much evidence of that.
        No its for real, there was an OG copy on the bay a couple of weeks ago for about a grand I think. Someone did bring this subject up though a couple of months ago.
        Can't find the the thread tho.
        It sounds like a dodgy Bryan Ferry record with minimal synths to me.

LITA though do put out some great stuff.
        Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
          No its for real, there was an OG copy on the bay a couple of weeks ago for about a grand I think.
          That was the second LP I think - the first one (as pictured above) is more like £200

It sounds like a dodgy Bryan Ferry record with minimal synths to me.
          That's exactly why I love it!!

Comment

That's exactly why I love it!!
            Ha! That's what i just thought - got to check it out based on that one-line description!
            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

I bought this because someone on here recommended it (at least that's what I thought had happened). I don't know how the story about it being a fraud started but it's immaterial to me because I like it for what it is rather than it may be a lost classic. If it's not then it's a new classic, which is just as good- but like most I don't think LITA would bother with such subterfuge.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

They tracked the dude himself down to Canada - wished them well for the reissue but didn't want any royalties or involvement

Pretty mad - love anything with a mad back story like this/Jandek etc

Comment

That was the second LP I think - the first one (as pictured above) is more like £200
                  You're right, it was this one that was up for grabs

I kind of like it as well, there's some nice atmospherics on there. But a few of the tunes he sounds a bit like a pub singer.
                  Interesting story though. Props for that.
                  Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

The first album was mentioned in the March releases thread, it is easily my favorite reissue of 2014. And the second one is also pretty amazing to these ears. Been watching the incredible story unfold on this thread (100+ pages...):

http://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65579

Comment

He appears to be wearing a silk dressing gown beneath his white suit.

Definitely dresses to the left, as well.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X