Acid Mothers Temple UK tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acid Mothers Temple UK tour

I was stunned to see, whilst idly flicking through a local listings magazine, that Acid Mothers Temple were playing 1/2 hour up the road from me in Norwich last night. Jesus H Christ! I was in the car and on my way. Turns out they've got quite a few gigs lined up in the UK so if you fancy getting your head blown off get out to see them. They were, predictably, awesome- a word invariably used to describe something which is anything but, not in this case, though. Tsuyama Atsushi (The cosmic Joker) on bass was really impressive; I don't think there was a note went un-played on his bass. A memorable night.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Going to see them in Manchester next week, not seen them for yonks!
    MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Originally posted by ashra View Post
      Going to see them in Manchester next week, not seen them for yonks!
      Well, they're older, but louder.

Comment

Playing in Bristol on 28th Aug - I shall be there.

They stayed round mine once and me and the guitarist sat up until 3am jamming in my kitchen....wish I'd taped it !

They also did my washing up while I was asleep ...made a right blooming hash of it too, I had to do it all again.
        "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy Ya Ya View Post
          They also did my washing up while I was asleep ...made a right blooming hash of it too, I had to do it all again.
          Bless 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by ashra View Post
            Bless 'em!
            Islington Mill with VOTSW, chanting for 'Engrish' pounds, then the first Megabus home in the morning with Durg. I believe that was your handiwork.

The last time I saw them Kawabata Makoto smashed two guitars during the encore and the bassist stopped him with a look when he picked up the third. This was a few days after a show in the Portland Arms, when there literally wasn't any space for him to swing any sort of axe over his head. 'La Novia' from that show is still in my head.
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
              The last time I saw them Kawabata Makoto smashed two guitars during the encore and the bassist stopped him with a look when he picked up the third. This was a few days after a show in the Portland Arms, when there literally wasn't any space for him to swing any sort of axe over his head. 'La Novia' from that show is still in my head.
              He was swinging his guitar last night but the stage was really too small for him to smash it without endangering someone else so he dumped it on top of his amp. He did seem upset

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                He was swinging his guitar last night but the stage was really too small for him to smash it without endangering someone else so he dumped it on top of his amp. He did seem upset
                Sorry to hear he seemed upset! I think he regularly ends the set leaving his guitar on the amp. The time he smashed them was at the centre of the universe (Corsica Studios) and he did it in a very enthusiastic, gleeful manner, as though that's what you do to cap off a good gig. He didn't seem upset or angry and it didn't come over as rockist or cliched, which is quite a feat for a man who stands stage left because that's where Richie Blackmore stood.
                You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                  Sorry to hear he seemed upset! I think he regularly ends the set leaving his guitar on the amp. The time he smashed them was at the centre of the universe (Corsica Studios) and he did it in a very enthusiastic, gleeful manner, as though that's what you do to cap off a good gig. He didn't seem upset or angry and it didn't come over as rockist or cliched, which is quite a feat for a man who stands stage left because that's where Richie Blackmore stood.
                  Yeah, there was no rockism about it. They had reached such a peak of volume and speed they had nowhere else to go- my son said he felt like he'd been 'punched in the side of the head', and he's in a pretty loud band himself. When I say he looked upset I mean he was swinging his guitar, as if he wanted to do something with it, but the rest of the band were too close for it to be done. At one point the synth was being prodded so vigorously that nearly went for a burton as well

Comment

At Islington Mill, I saw my mate Wayne coming up the stairs covered in blood. He said Makoto had been trying to smash his guitar but not really succeeding so he grabbed it off him 'and put a bit of shoulder into it' and then Makoto smacked him. He genuinely couldn't understand why, he was just trying to help!

Comment

More fond AMT memories, during soundcheck in Urbis

Sound Engineer - Do you think you could just turn your amp down a little bit, so I can bring it up through the PA?

Makoto - FUCK YOU

Comment

Looking forward to seeing them at the Brudenell on Monday. Plenty of room at the venue for smashie time!!
                        "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X