vinyl in Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinyl in Rome

Does anyone know where any record shops are in or around the Rome area I was there last year and found none going this weekend and wanna bring back some stuff
    any help is much appreciated.
    Big up Italian prog!!

Do the Pastafrolla guys have a shop? It may be worth dropping them a line via eBay, Lee. Happy digging...
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Although I haven't been there in a couple of years I assume this place is still around:

Disfunzioni Musicali (2 stores):

Via degli Etruschi, 4/14 (I found some nice Italian OST's here)
      Tel 06/4461984

Via dei Marrucini, 1 (this is the used and rare)
      Tel 06/4454263

The guys were also willing to have a look out the back for some stuff for me so if you can't see it in the shop it may be worth asking for it.

Caro Vinile...Caro Cinema
      Piazza del Paradiso 42
      06/6874005
      (I have heard this place is good but haven't been there)

Hope you find something good!

Comment

i know a toy shop that sells tropicalia records for 6 quid a pop (and cheap giallo videos)

(but youll have to buy doubles and offer me them at cost for the address)
        kraut rock ist nicht tot!
        http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
        http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

No Pastafrolla dont have a shop. They are based in milan I think.

Italy is sadly pretty dry for records as most of the dealers are so savvy they hover up everything and whack it out to japanese audiophiles. Ive found bits and bobs in milan and turin but thats only through random junk shops (your best bet if you ask me). There just doesn't seem to be a decent amount of record shops like the uk or france.

I remember some story about jonny trunk finding some uber rare record under a box of taps in some junk shop out there.

Paolo is one of those savvy dealers though....He costs an arm and a leg but oh boy does he have the goods. I think he is in roma.

http://www.paoloscotti.com/
          Last edited by sermad; 08-03-2005, 12:43 PM.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I was in Rome in the summer and found a shop on the same block as our hotel, right by Termini station. It's called Dischi (?) and, just checking on the map, I think it's on Via dei Mille between Via Milazzo and Via di Castro Pretorio. If not then its very close to there. Only small but they had quite a lot of stock. Didn't do much digging but a brief blast led me to a cheap Italian pressing of The Guess Who and a nice reissue comp of brilliantly incompetent Italian garage with a couple of corkers on it. I remember there was a soundtrack section and a big Italian section but didn't look as I don't know much about them and was with the girlfriend...

God, I wish I was going back.
            Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
              No Pastafrolla dont have a shop. They are based in milan I think.
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

caro vinile

I tried to find that caro vinyle caro cinema but didn't seem to be there.
                as for the one near termini is it on the way to the university I recall trying to find that but the area around termini looked a bit dodgy so didn't want to hang around

Comment

Think it's vaguely on the way to the university but it's literally one block in from the station, right in the heart of cheap hotel/restaurant youngster territory...that bit isn't dodgy at all but I think there are some dodgy places round there...

Comment

Soul Food

If you are not there for the flea-market at Porta Portese (Sunday am) where there are a few good stalls (some are dealers who have more stock if you ask) - then my fav shop is Soul Food up the road from the Colosseum (Via San Giavanni in Laterano 192-4) open 10.30-1.30 and 3.30-8 (tues-sat), 3.30-8 (mon) phone 06 7045 2025... smallish but perfectly formed stock: italian prog, pop, 60s garage - reasonable prices
                    ciao
                    "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

vinyl in rome

Thanks a lot to everybody this is more than I expected and really appreciated
                      Does anyone know of any interesting bar club nights in Rome?

Comment

ha ha - I reckon that termini area is a lil dodgey! most Italian train stations like that which I've been to are (naples anyone?)

re; rome & nightlife .. its probably a little too chilly for the piazza's to be full of life at night time, who knows though !?! I got the impression that beyound restaurants and the odd bar there wasn't too much happening in the older part of the city, but hey, I can't speak Italian and was only there for a few days (during the peak o summer)

Comment

Yeah, from what I remember there was some dodgy areas further down but if you turn right out of the station its all backpacker/student/cheapo holiday makers like me. Which of course is dodgy on a whole other level...

Comment

Originally posted by rolex baxter
                            ha ha - I reckon that termini area is a lil dodgey! most Italian train stations like that which I've been to are (naples anyone?)
                            Most train stations in most big cities across the world are a bit dodge relative to the rest of the city.
                            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                            X