Northern Soul with Fuzz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Soul with Fuzz?

...or hella rasping Twang! at least. Always loved There's A Ghost in my House. Any similarly fuzz / guitar driven Northern?

<<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Love Dennis Coffey's guitar on this one, not ever present but certainly fuzzy when it makes its appearance. Killer track too.

A few years ago I was bidding on a copy of this while watching a Martin Freeman BBC 4 doc on his love of soul music - during which he walked into Peoples Records and was played this track. Perhaps because of that the bidding ran away from me.

Pace is maybe more suited to Northern fans now drawing their pension.

Comment

Very obvious perhaps:

Freddie Chavez - They'll Never Know Why

Dean Parrish - I'm On My Way

Comment

Is this the kind of thing?

[

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post
          Love Dennis Coffey's guitar on this one, not ever present but certainly fuzzy when it makes its appearance. Killer track too.

A few years ago I was bidding on a copy of this while watching a Martin Freeman BBC 4 doc on his love of soul music - during which he walked into Peoples Records and was played this track. Perhaps because of that the bidding ran away from me.

Pace is maybe more suited to Northern fans now drawing their pension.
          I thought the price of this shot up after the Adidas ad? Or has it always been a pricey one? Also, the line "If I could only get your eyes to look in my direction" makes it sound like she's trying to get off with Marty Feldman.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
            I thought the price of this shot up after the Adidas ad? Or has it always been a pricey one? Also, the line "If I could only get your eyes to look in my direction" makes it sound like she's trying to get off with Marty Feldman.
            I first became aware of it in 2008 when I stumbled across it on YouTube and it was by then going up in price and on the edge of what I felt comfortable spending on a record. The original hike was, I am guessing, due to its appearance on Gilles Peterson Digs America volII which was released in 2007. The Adidas ad caused another price hike. I am now still waiting for the interest to die down and maybe I will one day pick up a copy!

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
              the line "If I could only get your eyes to look in my direction" makes it sound like she's trying to get off with Marty Feldman.
              btw

Comment

Working...
              X