Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reasonable shipping cost for lp from usa to uk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reasonable shipping cost for lp from usa to uk?

opinions please from both sides of the pond... usual boring discogs-related query!
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

The best I seem to see is $19, $21 seems the norm, which is a shame as the exchange rate ain't too bad at the minute.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

same as it costs to post from the uk to the us , about $20

Comment

which lets all face it is crap isnt it!
        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
          which lets all face it is crap isnt it!

Comment

actually I still think the post is cheap, a tenner to send a record all the way to the other side of the world
            obviously there's no point in even looking at or buying cheap or low price records from overseas but there never was , was there

Comment

I hear you, shipping is very high, you haven't seen Dutch rates. Those are killing business.

USA = 24.30 euro - 19.23 pound - 31.92 dollar
              UK = 13.00 euro - 10.29 pound - 17.08 dollar

This is the price for 1 or 6 records, the more you send the better.
              My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                obviously there's no point in even looking at or buying cheap or low price records from overseas but there never was , was there

Must admit I buy little from the US now due to the high postage but 10 years ago when it was $12 and the dollar was very favorable it was a no brainer.
                "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
                  10 years ago when it was $12 and the dollar was very favorable it was a no brainer.
                  Surely you've had a pay rise in the last 10 years , compared to then its proportionately cheaper isnt it ?

Saying that re Kratgravers comment on the price of post in Holland I have stopped buying from there and Belgium for same reason , preferring to buy from Germany as its by far the cheapest post at 6 euro signed for to the uk

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                    Surely you've had a pay rise in the last 10 years , compared to then its proportionately cheaper isnt it ?
                    No Campag's right, there was a golden period around the mid 2000's when the rate was about 2 dollars to the pound. The postal cost for a LP worked out about £6, so you could buy a single LP and it still worked out cheaper than buying the equivalent record in the UK.

I'd say most of my US LPs where bought in this crazy 2-3 period!

Oh, and I wish I was earning what I was earning then....

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post
                      No Campag's right, there was a golden period around the mid 2000's when the rate was about 2 dollars to the pound. The postal cost for a LP worked out about £6, so you could buy a single LP and it still worked out cheaper than buying the equivalent record in the UK.

Oh, and I wish I was earning what I was earning then....
                      Ditto that Ian on all points.

I work for the civil service...I can't recall what a pay rise is.
                      "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Thirded!

Originally posted by IAN View Post

I'm with you guys on this one.

Comment

Working...
                        X