Light Sounds Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Sounds Dark

This compilation looks really good. Unfortunately when I clicked on the link in the mailout seconds after receiving it it was already gone. Ordered from Honest Jon instead and then got a refund for that too - apparently they won't be getting a restock. Does anyone know where I can get this damn compilation?

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/1089881-lig...-3lp-vinyl-set

**F**k me, this is bit special. Complete obscurities pressed on two crystal clear and one black vinyl with tiny centre labels, housed in mirrored triple gatefold jacket** Light Sounds Dark present a staggering 3LP collection of completely unmarked, obscure and vintage music, dug from their enviable collection for the discerning listener, aka you and us. Of all their ear-opening compendiums to date this is by far their most wigged and esoteric, ranging from strung-out desert scapes to mutant no wave and one rollicking motorokker that we heard Powell roll out a few weeks ago, but all devoid of any clues as to its provenance bar the run-out groove inscriptions. And that's all we could confidently tell you. Best leave the rest to them: ""This Album depicts an Extraterrestrials extortion to us, explaining how to: Link life to death in a continuous experience. Utiilize the resulting thanatonic energy to travel faster then the speed of Light, turn matter into consciousness and back again, alter evolution at will and exist simultaneously at every moment of time. Move the entire Universe into the fifth dimensional realm, and say when in history it is possible for this to happen. Light Sounds Dark has also received other information it cannot understand. Since this information was given to us directly but not for us per se, it must be communicated to others, many of whom are better prepared then us to receive it. Accordingly we were shown how to make this Album into a Psychotronic, or mind-matter interactive device which is activated by the approaching listener. By doing this, new information will come to you through the active use of the divine proportion, which is the proportion of life connecting to death."

A shop in Kreuzberg keeps stock of LSD releases. I can have a look if you want. Also clip two is Xao Seffcheque.
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

That would be brilliant if you could check for me. Thanks very much indeed!

Comment

I've got the Seffcheque album actually, that was the only clip I recognised from the whole thing. You can listen to a few of the samples here

http://www.lightsoundsdark.com/WYWH/

Comment

Sold out everywhere. Tracks here:

http://www.lightsoundsdark.com/WYWH/

Their shermsticks one is ace.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

TOMTIT rip off.
            SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Wow! Don't own any - but the track lists of previous mixes are chock-full of favourites - need to check this for sure. Though i'm not really bothered about having a mix/comp on vinyl - would prefer a CD!
              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

I guess I'd agree normally but looks as though it's a nice package, plus if it's as good as I hope it is I might use it to dj with - or is that cheating? Anyway I haven't got a cd player so the point is moot.

Comment

I managed to bag one - have a few of their releases (as has been mentioned the 'Sherm' ones collect up VG+ friendly glam/cosmic/psych/weird)

Comment

Show off!
                    The sherm one looked good but I have a few of the tracks, this one is particularly enticing to me cos I don't even know what the tracks are! I guess I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. There are some on discogs but £37 - I suppose it won't get any cheaper but that's too much for me to pay for a new record.

Comment

Just listened - bit too gothy
                      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Is that your response to the comp or our latest mix? I fear it could be either...

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                          Is that your response to the comp or our latest mix? I fear it could be either...
                          ha! The comp. Will listen to your mix for sure though.
                          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

The 2lp they did with Psychemagik was hitting £80-£100 at one stage... Sound quality on their stuff isn't the best as they're bootlegs obviously but some of the stuff contained on them is interesting

Comment

I'm a bit of a fanboy

They are the best at what they do.You can argue about the morality, but for skint heads, like myself.
                              They are a good way of getting HTF stuff on vinyl (and it has to be vinyl)
                              I know some can be sourced easily and cheaply, but many can't.
                              The pressings imho are pretty good in the main.I think alot of the Darkwave stuff is from cassette so...
                              All part of the character is how I see it.
                              Waiting for the postie to drop the latest one.Rub A Dub had a few.Thanks lads.

Comment

Working...
                              X