No announcement yet.

Light Sounds Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are not going to do another Glam Psych Disco one again are they?
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
      They are not going to do another Glam Psych Disco one again are they?
      Sadly, it's not the way things are going, no.
      They've gone down a rabbit hole of fairly abstract ambient noodling on recent volumes.
      The whole 'unknown artist/ untitled track' schtik is quite tiresome now.
      All the recent albums have had good tracks... but the pressings aren't that good and the packaging has become lazy.
      I sort-of don't mind paying £20 for it... but I would be distressed if I paid much more.
      Once you know how they make their records (youtube rips, apparently) then they are even less attractive.
      I think they need to come up with something different next time.
      galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

I am not sure if the bootlegger lifestyle is for me though. Sounds wild and adventurous for sure. I wonder if it really is the best aproach with reissues these days. I would guess some of the featured artists would have some nice unreleased surprises tucked away that they would be happy to share.
        All the Wolpertingers

Comment

The sound quality seemed to be stepped up a bit on The Acceptable Presence compilations. More than just a Youtube rip anyway. Could be sourcing things a bit better.

It seems one of the guys behind it runs a mastering service and has done a few other fairly well-known legit compilations for various labels so probably has easy enough access to a pressing plant.

Agree with you Cacapo on liking to see a return to the earlier style of compilations.

Comment

I'm also a bit bored with all this 'Cold Wave' business, and I speak as someone who was in Solid Space for a while.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

The vibe's gone a bit for me, but I'm going to roll the dice one more time.
              New LSD next week: Configuration / Deployment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	1046439
              galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

I'm looking to buy a copy of WYWH, if anyone here would consider selling, get in touch.

The two LSD releases in 2019 have gone deeper into dark ambient / drone kind of stuff. Configuration / Deployment in particular was very bleak.

Comment

Working...
                X