Numero pop up shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numero pop up shop!

This news has just ruined my chance of having any money left at the month's end.

In the grand tradition we've created in Chicago and New York, The Numero Group will bring its first pop up shop to London in September. On Sunday the 28th, we'll take over Shoreditch's Strongroom, with thousands of LPs, CDs, cassettes, games, damaged stock, DVDs, trading cards, 45s, stickers, and all other manners of miscellaneous debris we have tucked away at a warehouse in Wales. Prices will be of the blow out variety.

Looking for a copy of a rare Numero single? Wanna buy Cities of Darkscorch without having to pay an arm and a leg for freight? We’ve got you covered. Here’s those details:
    The Numero Group Pop Up Emporium
    Sunday, 28 September 2014
    Strongroom Bar & Kitchen
    2PM-10PM
    Cash/Credit

Helpfully, it's situated in a bar. A few pints should assuage any worries about overspending and make those impulse purchases that little bit easier.
    "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

yikes! Every release is amazing…. glad i don't live anywhere near that!
    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

I told you not to open that bloody box, Pandora. Now see what you've gone and done.

Comment

I'm in there like Viv Nicholson..................
        www.45cat.com
        http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by highland cow View Post
          I'm in there like Viv Nicholson..................
          Can't get there that day "Heaven knows I'm miserable now"

Comment

2 days before payday. Maybe as well.
            Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Manchester peoples, I spotted last night that Numero are playing at Electriks bar Sunday 21st (as well as a few other UK spots)

http://www.numerogroup.com/blog/10473

Comment

How did folks get on then?

Didn't spot any other VG+r's though I did bump into a couple of record store mates and so was able to enjoy a couple of quality Czech beers after a hard 10 minutes record shopping.

Was chuffed to get the Ned Doheny RSD 45.
                www.45cat.com
                http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

I couldn't figure out a way of going that didn't incur the expense I'd be trying to save by going.
                  Too bad, I really want that It's All Pop! box set.
                  What were prices like?
                  Is there any talk of a european address for mailorder?
                  Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

I went along and met Tom B and Steve (Pitch). Considering the way it was written up the prices certainly weren't as impressive as one was led to believe, but as I didn't possess much of their stuff, especially vinyl, I took the opportunity to support their admirable enterprise. Having initially decided to limit myself to two or three I picked up the Boddie Recording Company box set, the 24 carat black 'acetate' (think all three of us ended up with that), Soul Messages from Dimona, a couple of the Eccentric Soul comps, a funky gospel comp and the Out of Sights 45. Annoyed now that I didn't get the Ned Doheny 45 which I knew about but went completely blank on. So much stuff of theirs I'd like to have though.

Possibly the worst checkout in the world though, took about half an hour - poor guy couldn't cope with the combination of the rubbish internet connection and his lap-tops and phones all running out of juice. He was having to look up each individual record on his mobile which seemed a bit odd when it could all have just been printed out rather easily. Somehow kind of liked all that disorganisation though..
                    Boy George knew my father

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
                      Is there any talk of a european address for mailorder?
                      I think one of the reasons they were over was to meet and talk with European distributors.
                      "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Originally posted by ninja simone View Post
                        I went along and met Tom B and Steve (Pitch). Considering the way it was written up the prices certainly weren't as impressive as one was led to believe, but as I didn't possess much of their stuff, especially vinyl, I took the opportunity to support their admirable enterprise. Having initially decided to limit myself to two or three I picked up the Boddie Recording Company box set, the 24 carat black 'acetate' (think all three of us ended up with that), Soul Messages from Dimona, a couple of the Eccentric Soul comps, a funky gospel comp and the Out of Sights 45. Annoyed now that I didn't get the Ned Doheny 45 which I knew about but went completely blank on. So much stuff of theirs I'd like to have though.

Possibly the worst checkout in the world though, took about half an hour - poor guy couldn't cope with the combination of the rubbish internet connection and his lap-tops and phones all running out of juice. He was having to look up each individual record on his mobile which seemed a bit odd when it could all have just been printed out rather easily. Somehow kind of liked all that disorganisation though..
                        Got to agree with that.

Checkout was a joke and prices were definitely not of the promised 'blow-out variety' at £6 for a 7", £11 for an LP and £16 for a double.

WF

Comment

Working...
                        X