Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freebies....................later tonight...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freebies....................later tonight...........

Using this as a holding page / heads up.

Will try to post up some goodies (and not so goodies) later this evening, probably about 19.00(ish).

So, if you're too busy watching Emmerdale, you'll just have to miss out.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

"Mr.Wilks !"

Can't beat a bit of Hemorrhoid Farm.
      record licker

Comment

Right, let's get this show on the road so that I can go and watch some Vuelta action, then summat called 'Slaying The Badger', which sounds worrying like a load of Gloucestershire farmers given carte blanche by the Tories, but is actually about the duel between Greg Lemond and Bernard Hinault.

As we had a few issues last time with newbies getting a bit cheeky and the resulting raised eyebrows descending quickly into Lord of the Flies territory, I think it's fair enough that I request a 50 posts minimum before folk ask for free stuff. To be honest, it does get a bit depressing when the same folks continue to sniff around freebies and trades but don't contribute to VG+ in any positive way otherwise. Yes, we all have to start as newbies, and folk for whom English is a second language might be less comfortable entering into the general banter, I get that, but I'm getting the sense that there are too many dealer types lurking about who are happy to use the knowledge and vinyl freely given on here for their own profit, but give nowt back.

So, 50 posts it is. My game, my rules.

Anyway, make your dibbses within the thread so that your peers can see what's gone / still available. When the dust is settled, I'll get everything packaged up. I might well send all packages on Saturday as I'm out and about that day and I'll trust folks to pay me whenever. As per usual, you're just covering the cost of postage and possibly a mailer, if I run out of recycled ones.

Should all be pretty self-explanatory, but I'll add a note wherever appropriate.

Vaguely pastoral selection.

Random stuff.

Kaempfert is a twofer that includes 'Now!' (incs 'Falling Free' & PYHITH). Sight and Sound is VG, but 'Woodstock' and 'Fragment....' sound fine.

Canon fodder.

Sort of 60s easy listening stuff.

Canon fodder redux.

'Voodoo Party' used to be £15 on lists. Mental. Have one on me.

Remember I said that Wailing Souls is crackly on one side. Suppose the James Blades would be good mixtape fodder if you're looking for spoken word on the subject of percussion.

More canon fodder.

Think that's it? I've missed a bit of the Vuelta highlights for you, but it's a flat stage so nowt will happen while the sprint anyway (he said, as another top rider falls on his arse).
        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Hi Ben

Could I go for the Pop Guitar and Ted Heath please?
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

..and the Wailing souls?
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

You are lush, thanks. Sounds From Turkey, Blades On Percussion & Stan Butcher would be right up my M1
              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Not going for anything but I just wanted to say thanks to Ben for making VG+ the place it is
                "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Can I have Gregory Counducts The Sounds Of Today, September In The Rain, Sweet and Swinging by Geraldo, and Last Time Together? Ta!

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                    Not going for anything but I just wanted to say thanks to Ben for making VG+ the place it is
                    ditto!
                    i remember when it was all fields round here....

http://www.mixcloud.com/groovywoovy/

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                      You are lush, thanks. Sounds From Turkey, Blades On Percussion & Stan Butcher would be right up my M1
                      I went to a lecture with percussion demonstrations given by James Blades (and his wife Eugene Goosens(?))when I was a kid in the seventies. He was the one who actually made the sound of the giant gong being hit at the beginning of J Arthur Rank films. The gong being hit by the greased-up muscle-man was actually cardboard.

Not going for any of these although some decent sounds in there but I've benefitted in the past so thanks for your generosity Ben.
                      Boy George knew my father

Comment

Your a true gent Ben man...

This!
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

+1

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

He is lovely isn't he?

The Downstairs Lounge
                            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

I don't wish to blag any of these particularly though I always enjoy reading through such threads, and kudos to the OP for being altruistic and all that.

I need to do one of these at some point and get rid of some stuff, if I can be arsed to sort stuff out... perhaps sometime soon. Why not eh.
                              Hull Music Archive

Comment

Working...
                              X