The Lost Genius of Judee Sill - Radio4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lost Genius of Judee Sill - Radio4

Think she's got a few fans on the board?

I didn't even know this was on (I barely listen to owt but 6Music really!):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04g8hrd

Haven't listened yet, but will go on the 'to do' list.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

We've got it pencilled in for listening also.

Looks good. And should be.
    Hull Music Archive

Comment

Love her.

Thanks!
      <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

That was good. Thanks for posting, I'm a big fan.

Comment

I suppose 'The Lost Above Average for Genre Works of Judee Sill' isn't as catchy a title.
          Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Artists with biographies like Sill's are guaranteed to be hyped way beyond the bounds of reason, and - as always with such programmes - I found this frustratingly vague and the presenter pretty annoying (she couldn't even pronounce J.D. Souther!). But it might put people onto her music who would otherwise never have encountered it. To learn all you need to know about Sill in her own words, I strongly recommend the epic and eye-opening Rolling Stone interview with her (issue #106, April 1972).

PS regarding her death, what did her niece mean by "she stole dead cocaine"? And who's the guy with a West Country accent who couldn't listen to The Kiss at the end because it's "too perfect"?

PPS this makes for intriguing reading, and touches on things ignored by the doc

http://www.kneeling.co.uk/pages/jsil...eringjudee.asp
            Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by glengowla View Post
              And who's the guy with a West Country accent who couldn't listen to The Kiss at the end because it's "too perfect"?
              Andy Partridge.
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Thanks - any idea who the British guy is who didn't have a West Country accent?! (Apart from Bob Harris.)
                Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

Comment

I always find that with anything called 'the lost genius of...' the first inference is how clever the presenter / writer is for discovering the subject and bringing it to our attention. But I will listen to this tonight, because I like Judee Sill.
                  SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Working...
                  X