Insane Stage Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane Stage Sets

Thinking of certain board members going to see Kate Bush, post some pics/video/memories of stage set-ups. Here is the Omni, of which there are four in the world.

And here's it in use in a concert:

Do make sure sure you watch from two minutes on. That's how you play a giant triangle.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

World of Twist used to have some good ones. Lots of faux fur and spinning things.
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Aah! The good old days

Years back, my friend was a Brewer on the Isle Of Man. Their pub used to host bands from the mainland. He told me of one memorable band called The Hemarroids. The finale to their set featured a poor bloke with a pained expression, sat on a toilet which exploded.
      Hawkwind and Gong were always good for a bit of over the top stage set ups. Who remembers the Motorhead Bomber tour. Didn't go myself
      Saw the Bonzos a couple of times with Roger Ruskin Spears crazy inventions causing havoc all over the place.
      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I posted this once before, Caroliner, wearing some of the stage set by the looks of it aswell.

Comment

KB! That has completely blown me away. Never seen anything like that, that was really there. That's going to take some beating.
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
            That's how you play a giant triangle.
            No, THIS is how you play a giant triangle.

Giant-ish.

Comment

Not content with writing both the music and the libretti, Wagner included bewilderingly ambitious staging instructions for his operas.

The Ring has always posed an irresistible challenge for theatres, because Wagner wrote more into his saga of gods and monsters than any stage can possibly show. The first scene of the cycle is supposed to take place at the bottom of a river, with three mermaids swimming around in it; the hero, Siegfried, makes his entrance with a live bear and kills a dragon in front of the audience, and the work ends with more or less the collapse of the entire world. The piece has so many magical disappearances, transformations and animals on stage that a 19th-century critic called it “a damned pantomime.” But the directors who typically do opera and theatre aren’t always prepared to handle a scene where a trickster god fools an evil dwarf into turning himself into a frog. In some productions, the special effects don’t work; in others, they work but make the piece impossible to take seriously. That wouldn’t please Wagner, who intended the piece as a revolutionary theatre work where music would be “one with the drama.”

Not entirely sure which opera includes a communist Mount Rushmore and an Airstream

Comment

Some good ones here

concertstagedesign
                https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
                http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
                https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
                https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

That is an awesome website:

Yeah so can my corner of the destroyed city be cat themed?

Sometimes I wish my life had turned out differently.
                  Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

'Kiss is not all that intellectually deep'? What a snooty sentiment for such a poorly constructed phrase.

Kiss set out their stall with 'I want to rock and roll all night, and party every day', and their profundity is in how closely they have adhered to that credo.

I have a cat themed destroyed sofa in the garage they can use. Warning: it has been piddled on.
                    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                      'Kiss is not all that intellectually deep'? What a snooty sentiment for such a poorly constructed phrase.
                      It`s well constructed, just American, where bands are singular - "2 Puerto Ricans A Black Man and A Dominican is a house band from New York" - that sort of thing.

And Kiss are as thick as shit, I saw Gene Simmons on TV the other day and he looks he´d struggle with a 3X3 sudoku
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X