EBM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBM

Not EDM, I mean Electronic Body Music. Really feeling this sound at the moment.
    Loving tracks like this one

Really like those kind of pulsing, get under your skin kinda beats on those drum machines. What else has that sound?

Not so keen on the gothy, epic kind of stuff that also seems to get lumped into this category though.

Comment

http://www.discogs.com/DJ-One-Finger...r/master/36012

Merciless.
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Which mix is the ebm one?

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
          Which mix is the ebm one?
          Try the Christopher Just for that boing boing drum sound. Probably a bit more techno than electro though.
          I was looking for that Belgian New Beat comp but god knows where it is. That might be up your street Rich.
          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

It's kinda on the borderline between techno and what I want I think.
            Got several of those New Beat comps - don't think I have this one though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez3gY1e2zls

Comment

There's a few. Got loads of this kind of gear. I was the kid buying loads of electronic stuff with my pocket money
              when everyone else was buying Adam And The Ants. Not that there's anything wrong with them.
              Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I'm asking for something which doesn't exist. I want minimal dance music with drum machines and nagging beats whereas those are more like arty electronic pop. Good and right up my street but not what I'm trying to ask for here I think. The Jon Foxx is the closest.

Comment

I'm a sucker for a bit of EBM

I heart DAF.

I assume you're up on the Liaisons Dangereuses and Front 242 stuff, some good Nitzer Ebb too... It can be a hell of a sifting job though

there's something of a resurgance too, I think you may be aware of the lad Strunz's work.

Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

How about this delightful slice of sinuousity? Too House? Too recent? Too well known? (Bonafide classic)

There are mixes of this with less beats and a lot more twisty analogue.

Booka Shade & MANDY - Body Language

<<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Definitely getting warmer. I like all the Nitze Ebb and Front 242 stuff but isn't there anything else that's good apart from the famous stuff? Maybe new stuff is the way to go.

Comment

Agreed there has been something of a resurgence at times, or maybe it never went away. This is the main name you hear I reckon

Comment

<<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

One of my friends is a resident at Slimelight, they have an EBM floor.

Comment

Nailed it Townsend! At least the intro part of that tune is exactly what i mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X