New Releases: October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Releases: October 2014

Finally! After 37 years of lying unloved in a drawer, the mono cassette containing the unreleased debut EP of early 1977 from Mexborough's Hobbies Of Today is being released on a 7" EP on Wednesday October 1st. Limited edition of 25 in handmade sleeve (all spoken for) and edition of 240 in a printed sleeve

Appropriate links in my sig, below
    OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

I see that the soundtrack to 'Madchen from Hongkong' has been issued. Music by G.Narholz who apparently did some interesting library work on Conroy.

I recognise one of the tracks as a Conroy track. Anyone care to speak to the other tracks? In short, is this an easy way of picking up some of the best of his Conroy work?

Comment

I'd get in on this quick, when I pre ordered mine a few weeks ago there weren't many left and it's a 500 ltd
      run, gatefold sleeve and snazzy coloured vinyl....
      Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Balduin vinyl has landed today - looks amazing - gatefold / coloured wax - even a download code - pm me for a vg+ friendly deal ....UK only for now we can do freepost - mods feel free to remove !
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Not vinyl sadly but this week I have ordered a bundle of cassette goodies :

Timothy Fairplay : The Promise Of Midi
          APOPHENIA - DIGIFLIK which sounds very interesting in its description "A digital reggae mixtape"
          Shabam Pow Pop Whizz Vol. One - Cassette Mix By Dom Thomas

And the First six tapes cassette store day reissue from Colin Potter
          The Ghost Office
          The Scythe
          Here
          The Where House?
          Two Nights
          A Gain

Comment

Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post

I'd get in on this quick, when I pre ordered mine a few weeks ago there weren't many left and it's a 500 ltd
            run, gatefold sleeve and snazzy coloured vinyl....
            Just got it. My God it's an unfeasibly good record isn't it. A real peach- literally, that's what it looks like; one of those white peaches cut in half. I found I was listening to it and every couple of minutes I was thinking "Blimey, that's just right....again".
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

chuffed with it Paul - sure we asked for black and white vinyl but peachy is cool - had it on before and yep - solid record .... well happy !
              Cheers fellas ...
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

If you like ancient history, new age music, counting, swearing and self help instructional hypnosis stuff, then you might be interested in the latest release from my TOMTIT project, 'Power of the Pyramids'. Or you might not.
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post

If you like ancient history, new age music, counting, swearing and self help instructional hypnosis stuff, then you might be interested in the latest release from my TOMTIT project, 'Power of the Pyramids'. Or you might not.

Well it gave me a giggle.
                  https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Job done
                    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

The lovely "Into the Heart of Love", which was only available as a cassette, has been reissued on vinyl and cd by Emotional Rescue.
                      http://emotional-rescue.org/index.ph...heart-of-love/

Comment

So, The Jim Jones Revue have left the building, and I'm on the lookout for more fun rocking live bands to go see. Daddy Longlegs from Brooklyn look promising if they ever make it over, and this lot who are across the chanel might be a better bet. Live clips on Youtube look exciting. This is their forthcoming debut 45 on State Records. Limited to 300, out later this month, on pre-order now.
                        Les Grys Grys -Hot Gully Wind/ Neighbour neighbour.
                        https://soundcloud.com/mole66/les-gr...hot-gully-wind
                        Everyone tear down your own little wall
                        That keeps you from being a part of it all
                        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                          this lot who are across the chanel might be a better bet. Live clips on Youtube look exciting. This is their forthcoming debut 45 on State Records. Limited to 300, out later this month, on pre-order now.
                          Les Grys Grys -Hot Gully Wind/ Neighbour neighbour.
                          https://soundcloud.com/mole66/les-gr...hot-gully-wind
                          I don't get why anyone would want to create a generic 60s garage tribute band??! Do many other people follow this stuff still? Or is it really niche? I'm guessing kids who think that Miles Kane is a pioneer might think it is fresh, but are there many 'seasoned' fans, who know the references? I'm genuinely interested - it sounds fine for what it is but I just don't get the why?
                          "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

I just did a piece for one these guys for the next Shindig - it's just a bit a fun and when it's done this well I can't fault it ... It depends what your are into ultimately I reckon ... they are a tribute band with balls and attitude - maybe they will grow into something more original and interesting
                            Rockwell
                            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

I like that sound. It is what it is, loud, fun, tongue in cheek, and a recipe for a good night out in my book. Can't be doing with the "psychedelic" shoegazers in a live setting, so this is what I tend to go for. Simple.
                              I think a "seasoned" garage fan might just know The Masters Apprentices!
                              Check out the next Shindig for the why I suppose, but I won't be looking for any deep, meaningful answers myself.
                              Everyone tear down your own little wall
                              That keeps you from being a part of it all
                              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
                              X