Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlin

Moving to Kreuzberg for six weeks in November - hit me up if anyone is around for a beer / dig the fleas. Peace!

Jammy get!! ..... Make sure you go and irritate that prick in Franz & Josef!!
    "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Hah! Just spotted what you said in the diggers guide...I'll get right in his grill and report back in the coming weeks. Don't think my house-sitting budget will stretch to buying much psych though, so he might well have a point if I ask!

Pick up any nice bits in that 300 euro haul?

Comment

Originally posted by Medicine Weasel View Post
        Pick up any nice bits in that 300 euro haul?
        Some good cheap bits and a few pricier items. Nice DDR beat comp from 1964, Modern Soul Band orig LP, Ronnie Von "Maquina Voadora" original was the biggest drain on the finances but there were still bargains to be found.... Brian Auger & the Trinity "Befour" for 5 Euros.

Berlin doesn't have the greatest reputation for digging but if you're prepared to pound the pavements - and what a brilliant city to explore on foot - then you get your rewards

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
          Berlin doesn't have the greatest reputation for digging but if you're prepared to pound the pavements - and what a brilliant city to explore on foot - then you get your rewards
          I think it depends on what you are after... 60s beat & 70s Kosmische diggin' might not be so good, but the 80s and beyond, from alternative guitar based bands on in to electronic club or chill-out based music is fine...

City always had a top notch club/bar culture that had feet flooding the numerous dance floors fired up by vinyl turntable action ;-)
          "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
            alternative guitar based bands
            Any pointers in this direction?

Comment

Some good cheap bits and a few pricier items. Nice DDR beat comp from 1964, Modern Soul Band orig LP, Ronnie Von "Maquina Voadora" original was the biggest drain on the finances but there were still bargains to be found.... Brian Auger & the Trinity "Befour" for 5 Euros.
              Good stuff.

That's good to know - I'm definitely not shy when it comes to putting in the miles!

Comment

There is a list in the Berlin Diggers guide here - fourth last post in the thread...

Galactic Supermarket and Musik Department were good for 80s guitar based items and alt dance action...

Electronic/dance/house/techno stuff - the Space Hall... although the it has a pile of other stuff...

Although if you could hold of hoovering up the best bit until I've been later in the month that would be great ;-)

I've a more spots to add to the list after the next visit... run out of time in June...

Comment

Neue Deutsche Welle or NDW.... Palais Schaumberg, Holger Hiller, Die Krupps, Der Plan, Phillip Boa & The Voodoo Club, Abwarts who featured Marc Chung and FM Einheit later of Einsturzende Neubauten fame....

Comment

Top shout Jim - I was thinking of "directions" as in where to buy the stuff... helps to know what to look for...

Over here for further bands http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neue_Deutsche_Welle

Comment

Amazing, thanks guys! I now know where to go AND what to look for

Just about to check out those recommendations...

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
                        Although if you could hold of hoovering up the best bit until I've been later in the month that would be great
                        No danger there mate, only so much you can buy with £20

Comment

Don't forget Platten Pedro on Tegelerweg - bit of a way out but will have a lot of the 80s stuff in there at good prices. He has a shedload of 7"s in the back so don't be shy about asking to see 'em.

Comment

Don't forget Platten Pedro on Tegelerweg - bit of a way out but will have a lot of the 80s stuff in there at good prices. He has a shedload of 7"s in the back so don't be shy about asking to see 'em.
                            IPlatten Pedro is round the corner from Charlottenburg Palace as well if you want to do some tourist-ing before or after. We did have to phone and get him to open the shop though, his son came down. I got some good 45s - Embryo "Steig Aus", a later pres of Emtidi - "Saat" and some other good bits as well. A few things were kkkkerazy prices but that's to be expected I guess.
                            "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Will be sure to get amongst those 45's! On the increasing list of places I need to check out - pretty sure I'll have enough time to explore the more obscure locations. Thanks for all of your help on this one.

Originally posted by Tsundoku View Post
                              IPlatten Pedro is round the corner from Charlottenburg Palace as well if you want to do some tourist-ing before or after. We did have to phone and get him to open the shop though, his son came down. I got some good 45s - Embryo "Steig Aus", a later pres of Emtidi - "Saat" and some other good bits as well. A few things were kkkkerazy prices but that's to be expected I guess.
                              Duly noted sir, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
                              X