Paul Revere RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Revere RIP

Died on Saturday aged 76. So many great tunes, soundtrack to some good memories for me.
    This one stopped me in my tracks first time I heard it.

Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Must admit I was never actually all that sure exactly what it was that Paul Revere contributed to the group that bore his name...I know he was nominally the piano player, but then I've heard Van Dyke Parks talk about working on the sessions...

Well anyway...manufactured pop, proto-Monkees, spin-off project from 'Where The Action Is', whatever....doesn't really matter...I own three of their albums so they must have been doing something right. And it's all decent quality fare too...if Terry Melcher had produced 'Tighter' with the Byrds instead, it would be lauded by the 'Mojo' set as a jangle-psych classic now I reckon...

So cheerio old fella...we can at least say with some certainty that you sang on this one...

you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Heavy Christmas action

"Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

RIP....

I'm big fan of them, always loved their take on 'Louie Louie'.

"Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
          Died on Saturday aged 76. So many great tunes, soundtrack to some good memories for me.
          This one stopped me in my tracks first time I heard it.]
          Cor, lovely, never heard that before!
          reminds me of some next level Curt Boettcher shit like this -

Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

SO MANY genius tracks it's hard to know where to begin.

These three have perhaps been my most played over the years . . .

To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Jumping back in, probably my favourite PR&TR 45

Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Great band and proof positive that you should pay attention to what's in the grooves rather than what clothes a band's wearing. The first five Columbia LPs can be purchased without a second thought .... you won't be sorry!!

I think Melcher may have used a session player on early tracks like he did with The Byrds. They were in no way manufactured having been going since 1958, with the name change to PR&TR in 1960. I think the uniforms were the record company's idea for something visual when the got the gig at Where The Action Is in 1965.

So many great tracks to choose from - here's one of my faves:

"Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Having just purchased a Paul Revere lp today it seems right to contribute to this thread and reminds me I must revisit the records I already have by the group.

RIP Paul Revere
                  "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Working...
                  X