Splatter vinyl (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splatter vinyl (again)

i saw a clip online (forgotten where now, ill have a search later) it shows a kind of oil filled clear and red vinyl. kind of like them 60s psychedelic lightshows / lava lamps. got me thinking. theres loads of colour vinyl around now and they seem to be mixing effects, like half and half with splatter as well.
    the original fog soundtrack vinyl on death waltz is an example of a stunning colour record. which im ashamed to say i forgot to buy.

what are your favorite examples?
    i do love a good black simple record, but sometimes the colour choices are really nice to look at.

(im aware i probably asked this 12 months ago, i do have a habbit of going round in circles)
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

How about this?

http://www.visualnews.com/2012/06/18...blood-charity/
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

First one always springs to my mind is my Temple City Kazoo Orchestra 12"on vomit coloured vinyl.

God only knows what they must have been eating
      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
        the Black Hole one (referenced at the bottom of the article) is astounding, a beautiful thing from a film i vaguely remember seeing and thinking was a bit rubbish at the time.

Comment

The Pop Group's "We Are Time" is out again soon as a nice red/white/swirly/splattery thing as part of their Pledge campaign:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/...oup#exclusives

North of the River Cole

Comment

Jooklo Duo and Bill Nace - Scratch (Hospitals Records) Italy

Check it out
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Time to inject some colour into the proceedings....
              Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

I think clear vinyl is nice but it's a devil to find the start of a particular track. I think I'd probably be happier, though, if records were just black and on standard weight vinyl in an ordinary sleeve because records are getting pretty pricey lately and it can be hard to say 'No'. Good example was posted just above this post as I was typing. Don't know what that record is but it's a looker for sure. I like that Pop Group one as well, and it's also a fantastic record in it's own right.
                Last edited by Shere Khan; 08-10-2014, 10:26 PM. Reason: Gorgeous vynil posted as I typed
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I've got a splatter vinyl version of 'The Woody Woodpecker March' from 1962, as shown here;

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2507014

but my favourite coloured vinyl experiment is Weirds War's 1994 single 'Screwed Over' in a gorgeous petrol blue translucent vinyl which can be seen (and bought*)

here:

http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/weird-s-war-screwed-over

looks even better on the flip with the Lalaland Recordings label....

*recommended at the price too!
                  you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

As much as I like some fancy looking records it's worth remembering that sometimes they just sound terrible. Glow in the dark vinyl sounds like crap if I remember right, so do nearly all picture discs and clear/glitter vinyl. I haven't listened to any of the liquid filled stuff but I doubt they sound too great either. The Fog clear vinyl with white/green haze did look boss though. Mind you I'm not talking about normal colour vinyl I quite like those except for white/cream/peach because like SK said they're a ball ache to cue.
                    sigpic A Haunting Club

Comment

i do think a lot of the new colour pressings are not made to be played, i got the new Purson on gold and it sounds terrible. looks ace though.
                      i do love standard black vinyl though. them oil and blood filled records look amazing. i bet they cost a fortune to make though.
                      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

we just had this made - looks well eh ?

sounds lovely too ...
                        Rockwell
                        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Sounds f***ing amazing Sie. Mine turned up today and it blew me away. And yes, it is a thing of beauty

On the subject, I got the new Goat lp Commune, on gorgeous red splattered vinyl. There's surface noise between the tracks which besides being annoying, surprised me in this day and age. Anyone else noticed it or is it just my one?
                          Everyone tear down your own little wall
                          That keeps you from being a part of it all
                          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I think there was a good thread on this a year or so ago - someone who was posting was apparently involved in pressing records... Anyway, I thought picture discs improved a lot in quality a while go already, something to do with changing the technique? Can't say I've come across a coloured vinyl that was badly pressed because of the colouring though, excluding a certain Sun Ra set. And I've got a couple of glow in the dark discs that have no sound problems (- a Jooklo lp and a flimsier 7" on Wacky Wacko).

These are some of my favourite looking records though, no idea what the music's like:

The Jooklo / Bill Nace lp mentioned above is a beautiful object, made me want to lick it. Shame about the music though

That Balduin lp looks lovely too!
                            http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
                            http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

Comment

Originally posted by Hayes View Post
                              The Jooklo / Bill Nace lp mentioned above is a beautiful object, made me want to lick it. Shame about the music though
                              When your ears need a purifying blast of free jazz righteousness, that's the one! Just don't play it when the wife is around
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                              X