Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two more losses - Richard Evans and Kenny Wheeler...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two more losses - Richard Evans and Kenny Wheeler...

I feel like the grim reaper of jazz with all these posts but just seen that Richard Evans and Kenny Wheeler have died. I haven't got any Kenny Wheeler LPs, and likewise Richard Evans under their actual name but must have half a rack with them either playing or producing.

Not sure if I'm adding anything to what people already know but here's some favs

etc...

Originally posted by proteus View Post
    I feel like the grim reaper of jazz with all these posts but just seen that Richard Evans and Kenny Wheeler have died. I haven't got any Kenny Wheeler LPs, and likewise Richard Evans under their actual name but must have half a rack with them either playing or producing.

Not sure if I'm adding anything to what people already know but here's some favs

etc...
    Two all time favourites right there, though I'd pick this one from that Dorothy Ashby Lp:

or

this:

Comment

What a shame..... Two titans have fallen

A personal favorite, When Atlantic tried to emulate the Chicago sound

sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

RIP - sad
        "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Working...
        X