Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New shop in Sheffield dedicated to Sheffield music & memorabilia: first of its kind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e3sa934
    replied
    I've not yet visited... But it's just off Abbeydale Road - 226b South View Road - inside another shop (Strip the Willow - recycled timber/furniture emporium).

Old and new stuff on sale, and all manner of memorabilia. Only online presence is FB at the moment

The owner, Jamie, has another business, and I'm not sure if it's just open at weekends. I'll be dropping by at the shop sometime soon (got to shift those Hobbies Of Today vynils somehow ��), and will report back...

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Sounds interesting and, as giantchicken says, an intriguing business model. I'd guess it would have to rely heavily on new stuff?

There's a Beatles shop in Liverpool but not quite like this.

Leave a comment:

• giantchicken
    replied
    Can't say as I've ever heard of another like it - isn't that a bit of a dangerous business model given that it's hard enough to keep any kind of record shop afloat these days? Anyroad, as an expat Sheffielder, I'm very interested...but don't (and won't!) do Facebook - where is it?... and does it have a website?

Leave a comment:

• New shop in Sheffield dedicated to Sheffield music & memorabilia: first of its kind?

A pal of mine has just opened up a shop in Sheffield selling records/tapes/CDs and memorabilia from Sheffield only. It's named after the city's legendary post-punk compilation album "Bouquet Of Steel".

Here's the FB group

My question is: is this the first of its kind, i.e. a record shop dedicated only to selling music from the town/city in which it is situated?
Working...
X