Sue (or In a Season of Crime)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue (or In a Season of Crime)

Weird new track from Bowie - actually not sure whether or not it is new but newly issued - what do people think?

Seems it's the first track on yet another best of - an unusual one to start with to say the least.

I'll get in quick and say I like it before someone super cool jogs up and says Bowie is shit and ripped off Jobriath.
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

never far from my turntable. i prefer the earlier, less well known stuff.

did i get that right?

Comment

Not for the first time in his career, Bowie seems to be taking his cue from Scott Walker, this time with the sort of free form single key vocal extemporisation that has characterised the latter's work since the early 80s. The results are similar - Bowie's voice sounds great, the crazy jazz sounds great but somehow the whole is less than the sum of it's parts - it lacks a melodic focus and is a little too studiedly impressionistic for my taste. A brave effort - but certainly not one that I'll be whistling on my way to work...
        you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Bowie is shit. Who is he ripping off this time?
          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Bang on giantchicken. I am generally attuned to David Bowie's music but this exemplifies his more worthy side of 'I am an artist, an elemental artist of majesty and weird time signatures' - I prefer him with a shade more selling-pop-music-units-whilst-having-an-exciting-gender-bender-trans-europe-orgasm. He's obvioosuly firmly working the late musician's game now. He obviously feels the weight, the terrible weight.
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Have to say it sounded quite fun to me on a first listen but I'm in the office and I had the volume low so as not to bother others - I will give it a proper go when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                i prefer the earlier, less well known stuff.

Comment

I may not be the tallest man in the world, but that's just fecking rude.

Outside!

NOW!

Comment

I'm a big Bowie fan but that's a load of sh+t!
                    I wish these heritage sites like Bowie Castle would just admit they've run out of good tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                      never far from my turntable. i prefer the earlier, less well known stuff.

did i get that right?
                      <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Always liked Bowie - the Laughing Gnome was the second 45 I bought with my own cash... first was Monster Mash ()... eek..!

The new track is badger.... ace... has to be a Scott Walker Bowie collaboration on the cards soon
                        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Bowie missed a SunnOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO trick there
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

30 seconds in on first listen last night and I had to stop the washing up and really listen. I think it's great . Really stood out against the other stuff on 6Music last night I thought.
                            (At this point I will hold my hand up to being a big Bowie fan).

I caught the end of it's review on Lamacq's Round Table today. Somebody gave it 10 , someone else 2, and Cerys gave it 0. Cerys? Really?

It seems to be really dividing opinion.

Comment

I'll give it 4
                              www.45cat.com
                              http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X