Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hum Dono reissue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hum Dono reissue

    On ZAQ - legit or boot?
    http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk

    http://www.fatcity.co.uk

  • #2
    what do you think ..

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by reza View Post
      what do you think ..
      On the surface it's an obvious boot, but I'd be reluctant to say that unless I was sure
      http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk

      http://www.fatcity.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        Hmmmm....interesting timing as I sold a near mint original on Discogs just last week!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fortunate One View Post
          Hmmmm....interesting timing as I sold a near mint original on Discogs just last week!
          Blimey never saw that one , how long was it up before it sold

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks like it might be a similar deal to the 'Symphony Of Amaranths' reissue here.

            The Ardley was off the masters and good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by reza View Post
              Blimey never saw that one , how long was it up before it sold
              About 12 hours, Reza!

              Comment


              • #8
                According to the completed sales a VG copy sold for £40 on Discogs a few months ago - I take it yours went for a little more than that...

                Comment


                • #9
                  What's the reason that this has taken so long / taking so long?

                  Who's blocking it from happening?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                    According to the completed sales a VG copy sold for £40 on Discogs a few months ago - I take it yours went for a little more than that...
                    Ha, yeah just a fraction more than that, Tom.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dreskieboogie - Universal don't care about their back catalogue unless it will make them a ton of money - unfortunately they don't put UK jazz in this category.

                      So Vocalion did a deal for Hum Dono with D'Silva's son instead, and it will be out on CD soon. Whether or not they are doing this ZAQ LP too is as yet unknown, but TBH it's unlikely.
                      http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk

                      http://www.fatcity.co.uk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The Father's Children and Chain Reaction LPs are on Vocalion. I think Mike Dutton is quite proud of his marque, would be surprised to see him starting another label especially for this.

                        His mastering is pretty good though, if a little quiet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Xann View Post
                          The Father's Children and Chain Reaction LPs are on Vocalion. I think Mike Dutton is quite proud of his marque, would be surprised to see him starting another label especially for this.

                          His mastering is pretty good though, if a little quiet.
                          Quiet mastering is good! That's what volume knobs are for....

                          Comment


                          • #14


                            Shame you're not doing the swap. I'd have done a quiet one for you, special like

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Now Doxy announce Joe Harriott 'Abstract'.

                              Is this the start of an avalanche of grey-area UK jazz reissues?
                              http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk

                              http://www.fatcity.co.uk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X