Classic UK studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic UK studios

Been whiling away a few minutes on this website and thought that some on here might find it interesting too

http://www.philsbook.com/index.html
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
    Been whiling away a few minutes on this website and thought that some on here might find it interesting too

http://www.philsbook.com/index.html
    Looks great - thanks for the tip!

Comment

Thanks for that!

I headed straight for Lansdowne, but there's plenty more I'm interested in. Pity there's nothing on Ronnie Lane's mobile studio, I always wanted to know more about that groovy looking caravan...

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post
        Thanks for that!

I headed straight for Lansdowne, but there's plenty more I'm interested in. Pity there's nothing on Ronnie Lane's mobile studio, I always wanted to know more about that groovy looking caravan...
        The Lansdowne studios were featured on an episode of "Grand Designs" or one o' them programmes. Or did I just make that up?
        Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post
          The Lansdowne studios were featured on an episode of "Grand Designs" or one o' them programmes. Or did I just make that up?
          No - not imagined - it did feature in one of the "Grand Designs" programmes a couple of years back.

Comment

Pity there's nothing on Ronnie Lane's mobile studio, I always wanted to know more about that groovy looking caravan...
            hmmm, i might be able to ask someone about that. no promises, like.

Comment

Thanks for that!

http://www.lmsmobilestudio.com
              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Hope you don't mind me tacking this one on. Scene of the creation of some of my favourite late 70s/early 80s records.

http://www.spaceward.co.uk/spaceward-studios/
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                  Hope you don't mind me tacking this one on. Scene of the creation of some of my favourite late 70s/early 80s records.

http://www.spaceward.co.uk/spaceward-studios/
                  I've been searching for that Gambler record since forever!
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Great stuff. Ridge Farm is 20 minutes from me, as is Glynn Johns studio which I've had the pleasure of being in (not recording in though)
                    having met him. Very nice chap.
                    Used to see a few Ridge Farm escapees in some of the local hostelries over the years with the highlight's being Supergrass who bought a round or two
                    and Goldie necking Southern Comfort like it was going out of fashion.
                    And not forgetting Strawberry studios which used to be in Dorking in Surrey but which sadly closed in the late 80's having seen a few
                    well known bands, including the recording of 10CC's wedding fave 'I'm Not In Love'.
                    Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
                      And not forgetting Strawberry studios which used to be in Dorking in Surrey but which sadly closed in the late 80's having seen a few
                      well known bands, including the recording of 10CC's wedding fave 'I'm Not In Love'.
                      Was Strawberry not in Stockport, where Ramases recorded Space Hymns with the future 10CC?
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

You are correct sir, however there were two Strawberries, the first was
                        built in Stockport and then the later version was opened in Dorking.
                        I only know this 'cos me dad was mates with the builder who bought the building
                        Strawberry was in, when it was sold.

It was turned into a builders merchants.

http://www.strawberrynorth.co.uk/pic...berrySouth.htm

Stockport Strawberry has an amazing history of bands that recorded there. Martin Hannett pretty much set up camp and so a whole load of Factory bands (as well as tons of others) went through the studio.
                        The Roses recorded there as did the Smiths.
                        It's tragic these places are gone now.
                        Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Working...
                        X