Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how many records by The Ventures does a person need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how many records by The Ventures does a person need?

Currently rooting through the collection in order to try and offload some at the upcoming Edinburgh record fair and discovered that I own at least 20 LP's by The Ventures... (that I've located).

Everybody needs a bit of The Ventures in their life, but 20 might be excessive...

Which of their records would you never part with*?

* I'm perfectly capable of deciding which I need and which i'll part with, but just wondered with them doing so damn many if i'd missed any...
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

I remember having the 45 of "Bird Rocker" when I was about 8 or 9. Took it into school to be played at our classroom's Xmas party (this would have been about 1974ish) and my form teacher laughed at me, incredulous that I hadn't bought in records by T.Rex or The Sweet (who I obviously liked). I was mortified to be made to feel like the class freak and a few months later it got returned to the Oxfam shop from whence it had originated. Listened to it via YouTube a few years ago and decided it's actually really good so I purchased the parent album. So I'd keep that one, maybe the Out-A-Space one, a couple of the 68/69 LPs and the "Hawaii 5-0" single.
    The morass of the early to mid 60s ones I could live quite happily without...
    Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

I too have many many LPs by them and they are all staying
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Ventures In Space, Walk Don't Run Vol 2 and Ventures A-Go-Go are favourites of mine.

Anyone know what Guitar Freakout, Super Psychedelics and any of the 70s LPs are like?
        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
          Ventures In Space, Walk Don't Run Vol 2 and Ventures A-Go-Go are favourites of mine.

Anyone know what Guitar Freakout, Super Psychedelics and any of the 70s LPs are like?
          All of those records are staying!
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Off the top of my head I think I have something like four or five. If you hit the right period (Late 60's early70's), they all have a decent track on.

I've always enjoy 'Underground fire'. Nige picked up a copy of 'New Testament' recently and it's got a great self penned track on it, as you know should be cheap.

BTW Fuz if you've got a copy of 'New Testament' and your thinking of offloading it, I would be interested.
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
              BTW Fuz if you've got a copy of 'New Testament' and your thinking of offloading it, I would be interested.
              Not sure I do... but get up to Edinburgh on the 1st November... record fair with me and lee selling AND Eclectic Mud...

Just realised my copy of Underground fire is rinked... shame under the crackle it's a keeper.
              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I would love to Fuz mate, apart from Utrecht being around the corner I'm working that day anyway. It was a bit of a long shot, as I'm pretty sure it would be a keeper as it's a great track.

Good luck with the fair man.
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                  Off the top of my head I think I have something like four or five. If you hit the right period (Late 60's early70's), they all have a decent track on.
                  I don't know... Swamp Rock not a keeper for me. Still got it if anyone wants it. Haven't heard the others though.

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Originally posted by ashra View Post
                      Really? I couldn't deal with this one...
                      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Just the three, they don't get played that often

Walk Don't Run Vol 2

Where The Action Is

Wild Things!

Although I do like the takes of "Fever" and "Summer In The City"
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

None?

My 4 Instants 'Discotheque' covers that area I reckon. Or maybe I'm not a real surf/beat fan.
                          LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Did the self titled 1966 LP with the Batman theme on receive a UK press? I have 'Vampcamp' (as in the one covered by Los Holy's) on the EP but the pressing's a little quiet. Anyway, I'd keep that LP if I had it. And A Go-Go, and whatever the other one I have is. I have far too few Ventures records.
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

?

What country is the Vampcamp EP from, Rich? I wouldn't mind picking one of those up.

Only one I'm keeping is the spacey one, but the LP with Batman etc on to which you allude isn't bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X