Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Shop Open In Hastings

Hope it's ok to post this here -

Atlas Sound is a new Record Shop open in Hastings Old Town, East Sussex.
    Selling used vinyl across the board with emphasis on Jazz, Soul, Reggae, OST, Rock, Psych etc, etc.
    Loads of obscurities, cheapies and rare items.
    Open by appointment and will be open most Saturdays.

Info available from

atlassoundoffice (at) g m a i l.com

Originally posted by platerpus View Post
    Hope it's ok to post this here -

Atlas Sound is a new Record Shop open in Hastings Old Town, East Sussex.
    Selling used vinyl across the board with emphasis on Jazz, Soul, Reggae, OST, Rock, Psych etc, etc.
    Loads of obscurities, cheapies and rare items.
    Open by appointment and will be open most Saturdays.

Info available from

atlassoundoffice (at) g m a i l.com
    Great to see another record shop opening.
    Weird opening times for a shop, how does the business model work, in particular covering shop rates? I assume an online presence as well?

Comment

It's an office where online sales are processed but offers records for direct sale too. It's set out as a shop and people are actively encouraged to visit for a dig, there's a listening post, tea, coffee and a sofa.

Comment

It's an office where online sales are processed but offers records for direct sale too. It's set out as a shop and people are actively encouraged to visit for a dig, there's a listening post, tea, coffee and a sofa.
        Interesting model, I would think opening on a Sunday would beneficial, go to any large town or city these days and look at the footfall. Personally I've bought a lot from stores on Sundays, got two singles from Dig Vinyl in Liverpool this Sunday morn. Saturdays are spent on DIY etc.

Comment

Oh, i see. You know what - i'll open a DIY shop instead then. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Good luck with the shop. I'll be down in the not too distant future
            Everyone tear down your own little wall
            That keeps you from being a part of it all
            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
            You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Oh, i see. You know what - i'll open a DIY shop instead then. Thanks for the tip.
              Can you make sure your DIY store is open Saturday? I tend to reserve Sunday for record shopping.
              it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                Can you make sure your DIY store is open Saturday? I tend to reserve Sunday for record shopping.
                Top man Sunday is the new Saturday, now I just need to convince chippys to open at 12 on Sundays.

Comment

Adam, do you have a website or anywhere online I can view your stock?

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                    Adam, do you have a website or anywhere online I can view your stock?
                    No at the moment, i've had to get rid of all my records to make space for the DIY equipment. At the moment i've got some nice rolls of duct tape and a couple of angle grinders.

Comment

No Discogs store or anything?

Comment

This thread was ok.

Now it's all DIY and rapacious gimme gimme gimme.

SHAME!

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                          This thread was ok.

Now it's all DIY and rapacious gimme gimme gimme.

SHAME!

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                            No Discogs store or anything?
                            Yes, i have some records listed on Discogs but the idea is to have plenty of records in the shop that aren't listed online. Only a small percentage of my records are listed for sale online, i'd much rather sell them the shop.

Comment

Yes, i have some records listed on Discogs but the idea is to have plenty of records in the shop that aren't listed online. Only a small percentage of my records are listed for sale online, i'd much rather sell them the shop.
                              That's so refreshing to read Adam. I'm so fecked off with hearing the reverse when I go into record shops - well played that man! Real world rules!!
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                              X