Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I sort of understand. LZep news article.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sort of understand. LZep news article.

You probably heard about this. I would think that Robert Plant would find it very difficult to sing The Immigrant Song at 66 years of age and other similar tracks that are demanding on the vocal chords but then he is no mere mortal but in the "super vocalist" category. But the contract was for 35 dates and so I can understand why he might think it was too much and he is probably worth a ton of money so that may have been a factor why he didn;t want to go through with it. I mean, what is 1/4 billion dollars if your are Robert Plant? Goodness knows how much money he is earning every week on his real estate and other investments. The mind boggles!
    Page and I believe, the other 2 are upset with him for not signing but they don;t have to sing like a wailing Banchee and impress packed venues all those times. C'mon, he is pushing 70. They are probably thinking he could limit the tracks to ones like "Hot Dog" or "Tangerine" etc..
    To be honest, I am thinking he got a bigger rush out of tearing up a quarter-billion dollar contract than any fun he would have being on stage.

http://tinyurl.com/l5z7yrb

I found it quite painful watching the o2 concert on the telly, (turned it off after a few numbers) and the main reason was Percy's obvious discomfort in that central position. It's no place for a man of his years. I don't know why they don't recruit a younger model if they are that set on doing it. Page and the others are obviously still up for it, and I'm sure people will still go and see them without RP. It was always Jimmy Pages baby right from the start, so I don't know why he doesn't just crack on with it if that's what he wants to do.
    What I do find amusing is that although RP no longer wants to perform with LZ, he's not averse to bunging a few Zeppelin tunes into his sets with whatever his latest group is, lest we forget no doubt.
    There seems to still be an appetite for them. The bloke I buy records from on the market can't get enough Zep lps to flog to the yoof!
    Hanging on to my £1.25 turquoise job though Still their finest moment IMO
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

That whole story was a load of bollocks. I smelt a rat the moment I saw that Richard Branson was allegedly involved!
      Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by glengowla View Post
        That whole story was a load of bollocks. I smelt a rat the moment I saw that Richard Branson was allegedly involved!
        Exactly!! Nearly $23m per show before you even take into account the venue's fee, cost of PA, promotion etc etc.... lot o' shite!!!
        "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Probably totally naive of me and all that, but I'd suggest that if Richie has £500m to spare then why not give it to the NHS instead of a bunch of wrinkly rockers who were past their prime even 25 years ago?
          Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

He doesn't, as it isn't true.

Comment

he doesnt need it as it would come from sales.

that O2 gig was terrible, awfull guitaring. loads of of beat bits and mistakes. unless thats how its meant to go?
              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post
                Probably totally naive of me and all that, but I'd suggest that if Richie has £500m to spare then why not give it to the NHS instead of a bunch of wrinkly rockers who were past their prime even 25 years ago?
                I saw them 35!! years ago (yikes) and thought they were past it then. Like the Floyd, they should have quit after the first lp.

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                  I saw them 35!! years ago (yikes) and thought they were past it then. Like the Floyd, they should have quit after the first lp.
                  Was that at Earls Court 1975?
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

I am not that familiar with Branson's promotional antics so didn;t think it could all be the equivalent of a boxing match weigh-in, punch-up. If that is the case, it strikes me a strange why 1) he needs to promote Virgin more with a stunt as they are already well known globally and 2) why would people as wealthy as the guys from LZ, feel the need to go out of their way to partake in the (silly) charade. I don;t understand that. So, what? they have nothing better to do and need the money so badly that they drag themselves over to wherever it was, to be part of a big joke?
                    One example of where I am coming from on this, is that my sister was once dating a famous British photographer who lived "next door" to Robert Plant. By "next door" I mean something like the next, large estate over or the adjoining farm etc.. Anyway, he gave my sister his old Petri camera to give to me and when I met him and thanked him, he told me about where he lived and a brief description of RP's estate etc.. and it was thrilling for me to hear about it (being a LZ fan) and also amazing when trying to imagine the size and full scope of that house and estate of Robert's and maybe it wasn;t the only one he had (?)
                    Sometimes the bottom line when requiring people to do things is all about how much money you are offering them. On rare occassions, it's immaterial how much you offer.

Originally posted by glengowla View Post

Comment

The story wasn't true though - nothing happened, it was made up.

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                        Was that at Earls Court 1975?
                        No, but a kid in my class went to that one with his big brother. His name was Nick Kamen (yes the Levis ad and bad singles fella), and his brother was Chester who played guitar with some pretty big names over the years.
                        My Zep experience was two shows at Knebworth. Tried convincing myself at the time that they were brilliant. Hard to be objective when you are a 17 year old Zep fanatic At least I got to keep my trousers done up in public in later years!

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                          No, but a kid in my class went to that one with his big brother. His name was Nick Kamen (yes the Levis ad and bad singles fella), and his brother was Chester who played guitar with some pretty big names over the years.
                          My Zep experience was two shows at Knebworth. Tried convincing myself at the time that they were brilliant. Hard to be objective when you are a 17 year old Zep fanatic
                          I was there! Three hour queue for a ticket weeks beforehand, £1 and a seat high up to the left. Loud as FUCK!
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

If I had known you at the time (Earls Court that is) I would have been SO jealous. I'm over it now......honest. I've got a good (not that I've played it for donkeys years, but I remember it as good) live lp of one of the EC shows, I think you caught them at a better time than I did. We had to queue for ages outside Harlequin Records in Oxford Street. Try telling kids today, and they won't believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post
                              Do you mean just give it to himself since he's managed to land swathes of NHS services. Fucking beardy parasite.
                              record licker

Comment

Working...
                              X