Boring Discogs Notifications Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring Discogs Notifications Question

I listed a record on Discogs earlier today and it sold within three minutes! First time anything of mine has shifted faster than a couple of days.

Is there a way to get instantly alerted when specific records are listed? I checked out the Discogs notifications settings and I have marketplace notifications for "When a release in my wantlist is listed for sale" -- but I only ever get information in a daily digest mail.

Or maybe it was just coincidence that it got picked up on so fast?

I'm not sure if you can set notifications on a particular release but if you select 'Items for sale in my wantlist' from the homepage it shows up to the minute info on what's been listed. Could've been done like that, I've seen stuff there which never makes it to the daily email.

Comment

have to watch 24/7 with auto refresh on your wantlist , anything thats a real bargain goes almost straight away

Comment

I'm pretty sure I get emails as they are listed. Don't know what the digest looks like
        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
          I'm pretty sure I get emails as they are listed. Don't know what the digest looks like
          Blimey I've loads on my wantlist, incl stuff I've already got, I'd be getting dozens of emails a day

Comment

Originally posted by toby.d View Post
            I'm not sure if you can set notifications on a particular release but if you select 'Items for sale in my wantlist' from the homepage it shows up to the minute info on what's been listed. Could've been done like that, I've seen stuff there which never makes it to the daily email.
            That is very sneaky, and an excellent tip - thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
              The digest is a single mail that lists the umpty-odd records that have been listed in the last day. I usually have around 50 or so items listed each time I get one - not sure I would want to get individual mails on each, particularly given that most of them are the same ones relisted each day . A smartphone notification based on a particular record being listed below a particular price - that would be the ticket.

Comment

Certain items I've listed on doscogs have sold within hours a number of times. of course most of my chud never sells at all but thats a different story.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I'm not a seller, but I think that anything on my wantlist is subject to notification when it gets offered. We're talking a 24 hr period or less. I've gotten plenty of bargains on Discogs. More than ebay lately, fwiw.
                  https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Originally posted by toby.d View Post
                    For easy linking, add to your bookmarks

http://www.discogs.com/sell/mywants
                    My Mixcloud

Comment

Working...
                    X