Soundalike Johnny Wakelin - In Zaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundalike Johnny Wakelin - In Zaire

There is a song that sounds almost exactly like In Zaire but I can't remember what it is. Got a feeling it's a vgplus friendly kinda thing... any thoughts?

My first thought was Goom 'Massai' but that's not really 'almost exactly like'.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

No, that's not what I'm thinking of. Something with a similar vocal, or at least something similar about the way it's delivered.

Comment

Intriguing but not sure what it could be if its the vocal more than the music.

On a dimly related note there's a copy of the Johnny Wakelin album in a local shop. Not quite cheap enough to punt as i suspect Zaire is the best track. I've heard Black Superman and that's pretty weak. Any idea if the rest is good?
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Maybe something from Leo The Leopard by Swedish glamrocker Harpo?
          ------------------------------------------------------
          "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

At work, so I can't post the video, but I think you might be describing 'Je M'eclate au Senegal' by Martin Circus?
            you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
              At work, so I can't post the video, but I think you might be describing 'Je M'eclate au Senegal' by Martin Circus?
              That's pretty good but more similar in tersm of bass and drums than vocals I would have thought.
              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I've remembered what it is... kinda... the chorus goes "In'shallah" but I can't remember who did it....

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                  I've remembered what it is... kinda... the chorus goes "In'shallah" but I can't remember who did it....
                  Clutching at straws, but you're not thinking of 'Allah Wakbarr' by Ofo? Are you?
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

That was my guess based on thislatest snippet. Or Kammasa Beef?

John Peel

Comment

No definitely not that. Maybe it's not as famous as I thought. I realise that now I remember the lyric.

Comment

It's not Mike Batt's potty Inshallah is it?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E4xcD4y9tG8
                        Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Nope but it was interesting to hear that. Thanks.

Comment

From a bonkers, cheap and endearing LP. Definitely worth picking up.
                            Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

something by the kongas maybe?
                              Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Working...
                              X