Other ways of selling records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other ways of selling records

I had a pint with a skateboarding nerd and we discussed collecting. He showed me the Facebook group where he likes to buy/sell things, mostly vintage boards. He alerted me to a way of selling that I wasn't really familiar with - bit like a raffle or a lottery and I was surprised I hadn't seen it done for records, not even on that ALL STARS RECORDS GROUP. Must be done on some forums though?

Anyway, it goes like seller decides he wants £125 for a record and divides that into 25 spots of £5 each (or whatever). Buyers can buy more than one spot if they want.

Everyone PayPal gifts the money.

Seller videos the draw and posts it online to verify it was all fair.

BOB IS YOUR UNCLE, unless your number wasn't picked, in which case, YOU LOSE £5.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

I've seen rare/expensive bike frames sold in this way. Never got involved myself as I'm not much of a risker but even with 100 or so tickets it's still pretty decent odds on getting a crazy bargain.

Comment

the sceptical side of me sees this as an easy way to make sure the item goes to the right person.
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
        the sceptical side of me sees this as an easy way to make sure the item goes to the right person.
        I look forward to you running auctions of this type in the future (paypals Col a tenner to ensure I am the 'lucky' winner)
        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

This guy showed me a film where a skateboarder filmed the whole draw, using raffle tickets, it looked fine and they were spending lots of cash.

Or there's https://rafflecreator.com/ which has a kickstarter type feel to it, but introduces a third party who need to be paid a fee.

Either way not insurmountable problems.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Third party doing it makes a lot of sense.
            Otherwise you might want to see all the differently numbered tickets going in, which would make for a long and tedious video.
            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

that rafflecreator is the way to go. I'd love to put in a small bid on a decent record that's out of my price range.
              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Working...
              X