Polish Jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish Jazz

After picking up a few records in the Polish Jazz series purely because I liked the cover and the price was reasonable I listened, I heard and i was .......... non plussed. I was just wondering however if there are any recommendations in this series by any on this board. For the record I picked up - Laboratorium Vol 58 and Kazimierz Jonkisz Quintet Vol 62.

Cheers
    https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Tons and tons and tons, yeah.
    Along with a fair bit of shitty prog noodling and ultra-trad moves.
    Obvious ones are Komeda stuff, but here are five absolute obsessions of mine to start with.

A lot of Polish stuff has quite a dark, melancholic vibe that sits very well with me, especially at this time of year.
    To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
        Tons and tons and tons, yeah.
        Along with a fair bit of shitty prog noodling and ultra-trad moves.
        Obvious ones are Komeda stuff, but here are five absolute obsessions of mine to start with.

A lot of Polish stuff has quite a dark, melancholic vibe that sits very well with me, especially at this time of year.
        Yeah, can"t go wrong with any of these.. I think the first 20 titles (minus the dixieland stuff) in the series are all great. Besides the aforementioned, my other faves include 10+8 by Kurylewicz, Polish Jazz Quartet and, of course, anything by Novi Singers.
        The aural history of the sex life of a cosmic corn popper

Comment

Thanks for these folks. Sound a lot more of what I'm after than what I've bought.
          https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Jazz For Unproductive Workers VG+ swap mix!

Comment

Not a Polish Jazz album but great nonetheless
              Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Working...
              X