No announcement yet.

"Apparently they're coming back"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have had to thank family through gritted teeth for a vinyls clock, which has been hidden in a draw ever since... But there is another variation on this theme...

I am also the unproud owner of a cake stand made from an Lp and 45 bolted together. It also sits in a cupboard unused and unloved, it hasn't seen the light of day since it's arrival - and it's not for lack of cakes I can tell you.

I reckon we should do some sort of a competition... the winner being the person who provides photographic evidence of the most desireable record degraded to a bowl / clock / cake stand...
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

this thread had me scurrying around for the vinyl clock my mother-in-law bought me a few years ago. she was immensely proud of her purchase of muck'n'tat, because i'm the worst person to buy presents for. basically, anything i haven't asked for never gets used because i didn't need/or want it. just found it on top of a wardrobe, covered in dust...

http://www.discogs.com/Shirley-Basse...elease/1832593

***k me! how random is that? just noticed it's got the b-side as the clock face.
      "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
        "Get a move on, love, it´s nearly Jon Moss past VII"
        "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
          Somebody on their FB page is asking if they have Sandy Denny 'Who Knows Where The Time Goes', as it would make a good clock. Jeez louise.

Was "Time" by Pink Floyd ever released as a single, anywhere? My suggestion for best clock-record would be that one or any singles by Clock DVA.

Comment

Rock Around The Clock.

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
              I too have had to thank family through gritted teeth for a vinyls clock, which has been hidden in a draw ever since... But there is another variation on this theme...

I must be stupid as the obvious thing hadn´t occurred to me until you posted this . Vinyl clocks aren´t for people who like records; they´re for people looking to buy a 14.95 gift for people who like records!!
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I'd like to see that Darrell Banks 45 purchased to be converted into a clock.
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

That's it. The clock making erotic entrepreneur couple weren't record collectors, but they were aware, like most people, that some records were worth money than others. So with this knowledge they: a) trusted the values put on records by a record shop in Chesterfield b) assumed that a record's value is inherent and not dependent on having a clock mechanism attached to it etc and c) assumed that attaching a clock mechanism would increase the appeal of the record. a) b) and c) are rookie mistakes in the record collecting biz... but in the vinyl clock market, they may be smooth moves.

However, the world doesn't need more Def Leppard picture disc vinyl clocks, so I say BAD LUCK to 'em.
                  Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                    I'd like to see that Darrell Banks 45 purchased to be converted into a clock.
                    If the K Foundation made vinyl clocks...
                    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                      That's it. The clock making erotic entrepreneur couple weren't record collectors, but they were aware, like most people, that some records were worth money than others. So with this knowledge they: a) trusted the values put on records by a record shop in Chesterfield b) assumed that a record's value is inherent and not dependent on having a clock mechanism attached to it etc and c) assumed that attaching a clock mechanism would increase the appeal of the record. a) b) and c) are rookie mistakes in the record collecting biz... but in the vinyl clock market, they may be smooth moves.

However, the world doesn't need more Def Leppard picture disc vinyl clocks, so I say BAD LUCK to 'em.
                      I don't think they need it.
                      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I reckon we should do some sort of a competition... the winner being the person who provides photographic evidence of the most desireable record degraded to a bowl / clock / cake stand...
                        I recall Towny posting up a hideously rare folk LP which had been 'modified' by one of his students during a project. I'm useless with the search function here - can anyone oblige?
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I am also the unproud owner of a cake stand made from an Lp and 45 bolted together. It also sits in a cupboard unused and unloved, it hasn't seen the light of day since it's arrival - and it's not for lack of cakes I can tell you.
                          I used to regularly bump into a lady at a car boot who made vinyl based cake stands. She made them to order (presumably ordered by people wanting to give them as presents) and they were usually genre themed. She would rifle through a box of chud pulling things out asking things like "is this rock & roll", is this "glam". If she beat me to a box I figured I was on safe ground if she ever pulled out anything desirable as I could always steer her away from it.

Haven't seen "cake stand lady" around recently. The idea has probably run its course.

Comment

Originally posted by Deep Down Heavy View Post
                            Did you make it in to In The Groove? Or did you just buy a clock?
                            Yes I did, finally - great shop.
                            Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Stone - Time

http://www.discogs.com/Stone-Time/master/118870
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

At first i regretted buying several of these:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/gal...en-in-pictures

Now i realise i've got some pretty valuable clock parts on my hands. Sweet.
                                Instagram (record covers only!): monauman
                                #vinyl #vinyligclub #records

Comment

Working...
                                X