Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat things that should have happened but didn't

So I found out today that NE miners slang was actually called 'pitmatic'

And my immediate thought was that the whole mc Pitman joke would have been about 50000 times better if he had called his album Pitmatic and made the cover like the cover of illmatic

Anyway, that was my thought about a thing which should have happened 10+ years ago but didn't.

This is one of my favourite posts in quite some time.
    Splendid stuff.
    To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Good post.

I always regretted that Mad Magazine missed the opportunity for an Alfred E. Neuman/Illmatic cover.

Comment

Someone with even moderate photochops could make amends for this missed opportunity, and all without any of us having to listen to pitman.

Research for the original post did include listening to witness the pit ness again, which was considerably shitter than even my most charitable memory of it suggested

Comment

Originally posted by francis View Post
          Someone with even moderate photochops could make amends for this missed opportunity
          PLEASE, SANTA!!!

Comment

Research for the original post did include listening to witness the pit ness again, which was considerably shitter than even my most charitable memory of it suggested

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
              PLEASE, SANTA!!!
              come on people. its christmas. here, i've even done the work for you:

+

+

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/mti/old-english-text/

Comment

N.E. State of Mine
                Life's a Pit
                One Lump
                One Time 4 Your Mine
                Lunchtime
                The World is Yourn
                Memory Lane (Sittin' in the barque)

I'm so sorry

Comment

One Time 4 Your Mine
                  I'm so sorry
                  Don't be.
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

N.E. State of Mine
                    I'm so sorry
                    Don't be
                    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

The truth will out...

Actually Fin, I now believe you are Pitman and I claim my
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Someone with even moderate photochops could make amends for this missed opportunity, and all without any of us having to listen to pitman.

Oh man, I think it's great. And this.

Anyway...

Comment

Brilliant...

Comment

hooray! Thank you! obviously the best pitman album that never was. (can it say 'pitman' instead of just 'pit' though?)

I actually want to hear a version of 'one time 4 your mine', by pitman. someone should tweet this shit at dan greenpeace

maybe vg+ should begin a subtle online psychological campaign to get Styly cee to bring pitman out of retirement in order to record a complete mining town themed cover album of illmatic. would that be a bad thing, or a good thing? I want to hear pitman say 'yo whatever' & 'it sounds clever' 'sound clever does it, yer twat?'

plus control a nine, fine, see now I represent mine

Comment

hooray! Thank you! obviously the best pitman album that never was. (can it say 'pitman' instead of just 'pit' though?)
                              Yeah, I'm too much of perfectionist, as is obvious.

Comment

Working...
                              X