Christmas Freebies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Freebies

Right, let's try and spread some Christmas cheer shall we?

If anyone else fancies doing a clear-out and ensuring that Board members get some very cheap packages of vinyl this Yuletide, be my guest. Might be nice to get the good vibes flowing like mulled wine.

I think everyone's familiar with the drill, no? Make your choices known within the thread, I'll contact you in a couple of days with postage prices and that's about it.

One thing I must raise though is that I've seen stuff I've traded and gifted to people later ending up in their eBay or Discogs sites. While you've every right to do this and it's within the rules of the game, it's not really within the spirit of the game. I'd far rather trade and gift with folk who I know are going to appreciate the vinyl for the tunes they can enjoy on it, not what they can sell it on for. I think some of you (and you know who you are) need to have a little think about what attracted you to VV / VG+ in the first place and consider how your profiteering might just damage the very essence that drew you in and kept you around.

I shall clamber down off my high horse now, but I shall reserve the right to prioritise the Cratchits over the Scrooges.

So, hopefully, some of you can get summat decent for yourselves out of the following lots of tinsel and baubles:

(Traffic is a US copy and a bit crackly)

Jet Boy stole my baby.

Could I get the Martin Denny? My girlfriend has just got a record player - I wouldn't mind giving her the Jeannie Riley if that's alright?
    "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Hey Ben, what's up with the Traffic, is the vinyl OK (I know it's free, just don't want any more unnecessary records in the collection.)?
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I'll gladly and the BEATNUTS - stone crazy if it's going!

Someone should jump on that TRAFFIC LP, been listening to that a bit recently - really like it.
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
          I'll gladly and the BEATNUTS - stone crazy if it's going!

Someone should jump on that TRAFFIC LP, been listening to that a bit recently - really like it.
          My favourite Beatnuts LP, pleased you've jumped on it Joe mate.

Comment

Could I get the Arthur Lyman please?

Comment

If Mr Sayers hasn't got it I'd like the Traffic please Ben and Bob Rowe's Music Box if that's ok...
              Boy George knew my father

Comment

Could I snag the Martin Denny and Denjean Moog album if that's cool?

Edit: ooops see someone has asked for the Martin Denny but the Moog album would be fab! I'll also take the studio2stereo if no one grabs it.
                Last edited by amidar; 09-12-2014, 02:15 PM.
                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Sweeet, thanks Ben! The Searching Years and Hot Pops would make my Xmas.
                  Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Could I have Requiem, The Sheeba Sound, Soul Hits vol 2 (Stereo Gold Award), My Way, Sounds Bob Rogers, Solid Gold Soul Hits (Enterprise), Sweet Soul Hits (Windmill) please? Ta!

Comment

Originally posted by ninja simone View Post
                      If Mr Sayers hasn't got it I'd like the Traffic please Ben and Bob Rowe's Music Box if that's ok...
                      I've stepped down, so the Traffic is all yours mate.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                        I've stepped down, so the Traffic is all yours mate.
                        ok, thanks. Not sure what the acceptable limit is here but if the Rupert Firebird + Last Voodoo Party are also possible to have I'd like them too. But maybe that's being greedy...? Many thanks.
                        Boy George knew my father

Comment

After our last discussion, someone should go for the The Ventures comp. It has Peach Fuzz on it...

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

All good fellas. Be as greedy as you want Mat, especially as there's some sort of offer on second class parcels up to 2kg - £2.80 flat rate or summat?
                            Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Consider this thread closed as all items have now been rehomed.

PMs to the 'lucky' recipients coming up.

Cheers.
                              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X